Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Dialog Radiobutton not displaying data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dialog Radiobutton not displaying data

Sure this is a simple solution.

Why is a dialog with a radiobutton control not display data that has been saved to the sql table?

I can add data with the radiobutton but not display ?

Note:
    Data show in the attached picture.

The DataList on the left shows records with a Catagory and the Dialog on the right shows the corresponding record "1" without the Catagory Radiobutton highlighted for Furniture.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by harrison4411; 05-18-2012, 12:43 PM.

Re: Dialog Radiobutton not displaying data

ideas ?
    Last edited by harrison4411; 05-18-2012, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Works for me, here's a dialog based on the products table of alphasports
      radiobuttons.png

and the dialog component for checking
      Attached Files

Comment

Lance,

Thanks for the reply using DBF table of AlphaSports.

How can I do this using SQL table and RadioButton to display ?

When displaying data I use Products table Vendor field ?

I still am not able to get the existing data to show using a RadioButton and SQL table.

Note:
        To continue with using sample data from Database: Alphasports
        I am using MS SQL Server not a DBF.
        I created new table naming it PickList with fields and 6 rows of data:
        Auto with data 1..6
        Vendor with data V001..V006

Point the RadioButton to use SQL table PickList and field Vendor.
        This way only allows to add data using the pick list.

I need something to also display existing records from the Products table Vendor field and use the RadioButton format.

Thanks

Harrison
        Last edited by harrison4411; 05-19-2012, 11:10 AM.

Comment

I set up a dialog with a Product Vendor Radio Button. The choices for the button come from my MySQL tblProducts table. There are about 10 records in this table and the ProdVendor field has V001, V002, or V003 as values. I have the dialog data bound to the same tblProducts table. I have a data submit button and a data retrieval button set up. I can change and save the Product Vendor and when I retrieve a record the Product Vendor radio button is properly filled. So... it looks ok. Is your data binding set up properly?

Comment

David, I still cannot get this to work.

Can you send me your dialog form ?

I have attached my dialog for review along with pictures.

Also I have the Server-Side Events set with
            ExecuteServerSideAction("Get Primary Keys for Parent Table::LoadPrimaryKey

Thank you
            Harrison
            Attached Files
            Last edited by harrison4411; 05-20-2012, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Here's the dialog. My table is MySQL : tblProducts

ProdId : INT
              ProdName : VarChar(100)
              ProdVend : VarChar(4)

Also attached is an image of my table data.

And... this will drive you nuts... but your Dialog works here. I created a Product and PickList table. The only change I made to your Dialog was to the data connection - I used my named connection into my MySQL server database. MS SQL vs. MySQL can't be the issue... I wouldn't think - this is really simple stuff. Attached is an image of your Dialog.

Alpha Version 2549-3903
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Davidk; 05-20-2012, 01:31 PM.

Comment

David,
                Thanks...

I am working with same Build of Alpha.
                I started from scratch again and still not able to get working...

This is very frustration.

Comment

Harrison,

Can you post your dialog and maybe we can find what is wrong

Comment

Lance,
                    Thanks for offering to review.

I am attching my zip file of Alphasports.

The dialog form dlg_radio_button_dbf WORKS but the dlg_radio_button_sql, Myproducts and products are NOT WORKING when I use my sql databse/tables.

Thank you.
                    Harrison
                    Attached Files

Comment

Harrison,

I am using MySQL, and I converted your MS SQL connection string over, added the product table from alphasports and created a picklist table with a vendor field. I then added vendors V001 to V006 to that table and your sql dialog worked.

In your picklist table make sure your vendors have data with zero's not the letter 'O' in them.

Comment

Lance,

I checked my table and I am using zero's.

I created a video showing how I created the AlphaSports Dialog with radiobutton.

I hope this shows something I am not doing.

Comment

It looks like you are doing everything correctly, it works as you have done it in dbf and MySQL, not in MS SQL. Must be some sort of bug, or some quirk in MS SQL I am not aware of. Report it and see what Alpha make of it.

Comment

Thank you.

I submitted to Alpha.
                            Last edited by harrison4411; 05-21-2012, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Gurd View Post
                              It looks like you are doing everything correctly, it works as you have done it in dbf and MySQL, not in MS SQL. Must be some sort of bug, or some quirk in MS SQL I am not aware of. Report it and see what Alpha make of it.
                              I would not be quite so quick to call this a bug.

There is no problem populating a radio button with data from dbf, or any sql database. in fact the source of the data is irrelevant since the radio button value is set using javascript.

Comment

Working...
                              X