Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

3rd Party Ajax Calendar/Scheduler Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3rd Party Ajax Calendar/Scheduler Challenge

NOTICE:

I HAVE TEMPORARILY RETIRE THE CURRENT RELEASE VERSION OF ALPHA CALENDAR PRO, DUE TO SOME BUGS DETECTED BY A MEMBER OF THIS BOARD. TOMORROW IT WILL BE AVAILABLE AGAIN

SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

IM STILL TAKING PURCHASE ORDERS :)
    Cheers
    Mauricio

Comment

what else can be integrated using Flash and Alpha?
      I have, off and on, been figuring out a flash charting method---one that works on the web AND on the desktop...have preliminary research done (free flash charting software which has most charts available that users seem to want and a way to implement in the desktop). I would also like to have a desktop calendar--maybe Mauricio's could be used??
      Mike

Comment

Peter:

If you get a grid to edit and update the events or categories or loactions, can you please share.
        I created some edit grids, but cannot get them working yet.

Thanks
        Charlie Crimmel
        [email protected]

Comment

The calendar connects directly to the table not to the grid

so if you make a grid that edits the records of that specific table it will by result edit the events that display on the calendar

E.g. If in the Alpha Calendar's setup you connect the calendar to the table " MyEventsTable.dbf " You have to make a grid that adds or edits the records of that same table. When you reload the calendar page you will see the changes that took place on the table

Note:Every time you make a change the setup you must go to "Test your Calendar" Publish the files and Test it.

Mike, In theory It can work for the desktop too by using forms instead of grids. Ill do some research on that.

Charlie try going to the setup and connecting to Locations or Categories tables that comes with Alpha_Calendar's package
          , then make a grid based on that table (you can add the tables to your database)
          In the grid go to update properties and set the redirect page to "Cl_load_legends.a5w"

Note: a common error is to use a text field as the id of categories or locations. It has to be numeric
          Last edited by mmaisterrena; 09-23-2009, 06:43 PM.
          Cheers
          Mauricio

Comment

Its Available Again!!

http://www.fuegosoftware.com/AlphaCa...aCalendar.html

If you plan on using/buying alpha calendar pro please update to this new version (previous version to 1.0.8 will not be supported)

Get advantage of the introductory price Until October 10, after that the application will be at its Normal Price.
            Cheers
            Mauricio

Comment

Re: Its Ready

Originally posted by mmaisterrena View Post
              The calendar application it�s finally ready, :) Check it out at: http://www.fuegosoftware.com/AlphaCalendarPro/AlphaCalendar.html

The documentation it�s a work in progress and will be complemented in a few days.

Please report any bug, typo etc that you encounter.
              I thank you very much you made A5 make a BIG step forward
              Thank you very much for the work you made to the A5 community.
              And that without a kiss from my mother in law :D

cheers Eric

Comment

Hi Mauricio,

I have purchased and installed the calendar.

I have followed (I think) the setp by step instructions that you provided.

When I run the Cl_Calendar_Full.a5w page, I get the following error:

500 Internal Server Error
                "Script Error
                Error:Script:CL_LOAD_EVENTS.A5W line:20
                addin.run("Cl_Load_Events")
                Read past end of file"
                Gary S. Traub, Ph.D.

Comment

I have the same error if refreshing or running from the browser (FireFox). When run from the Alpha Calendar Test page, it works fine, but I am not getting any refresh when changing data in the grid. If you refresh the browser - error 500. I'm putting on my live server in a while and will see how that works in real world instead of localhost.
                  David Shaw
                  Manager of Media Services and User Support
                  Cleveland Museum of Art
                  Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

I made this videos so that you can clarify some of your doubts (view the tutorial section videos)

http://www.fuegosoftware.com/AlphaCa...ro/videos.html

Let me know if you are able to solve your probelms.
                    Cheers
                    Mauricio

Comment

Hi Mauricio,

I have got the calendar working off the Activities table in the sample Contact Manager, looks great.

How do you open the calendar from a desktop application?
                      Regards
                      Keith Hubert
                      Alpha Guild Member
                      London.
                      KHDB Management Systems
                      Skype = keith.hubert

For your day-to-day Needs, you Need an Alpha Database!

Comment

Thank you for the video tutorial. It verified the process that I have stumbled through since release.

Question -
                        What is the process for setting up the on-line server? The same? Do you publish from a server side copy of A5? In other words - do it on at the server not the development unit.

And a thought: This thread was started to make a challenge, which has been answered. Should we not start a new one for tinkering and technical questions? Or even something from within the developers website? That way - future searches on this board will distinguish Alpha from AlphaCalendar, and provide cleaner search results. Since documentation is the biggest challenge to a software release, I would like to see it segregated from Alpha proper.
                        David Shaw
                        Manager of Media Services and User Support
                        Cleveland Museum of Art
                        Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

As always, I found how to open the URL to the webroot after I posted the question.

How long does the demo version last for?
                          Regards
                          Keith Hubert
                          Alpha Guild Member
                          London.
                          KHDB Management Systems
                          Skype = keith.hubert

For your day-to-day Needs, you Need an Alpha Database!

Comment

Thank you for the video tutorial. It verified the process that I have stumbled through since release.
                            Dave, Where you able to view the calendar or are you still getting the error?

And a thought: This thread was started to make a challenge, which has been answered. Should we not start a new one for tinkering and technical questions? Or even something from within the developers website? That way - future searches on this board will distinguish Alpha from AlphaCalendar, and provide cleaner search results. Since documentation is the biggest challenge to a software release, I would like to see it segregated from Alpha proper.
                            Yes I will open a new threat on alpha calendar.
                            Having a discussion board on my site is not currently on my plans but If I start selling 100s or 1000s of apps I will consider giving it a try ;)
                            Maybe Steve Wood Can Open a Discussion on Specifically for Alpha Calendar in its IADN network. actually I would be great that instead of duplicating what we already have here in this discussion board in the IADN board there could be discussions for specific applications made in A5 e.g.
                            a discussion board for:
                            • Steves own Web Templates
                            • Ira's Code Utility (great utility by the way =) )
                            • Alpha Calendar pro
                            • etc..

how about it Steve?
                            Last edited by mmaisterrena; 09-25-2009, 10:17 AM.
                            Cheers
                            Mauricio

Comment

How long does the demo version last for?
                              Alpha calendar Pro: no time restriction but it will only display the last 5 days and the next 3 days from today

Flash Calendar pro demo: 30 day trial (this are the files inside the alpha_calendar_webfiles folder)
                              Cheers
                              Mauricio

Comment

Please ask any questions or comments on Alpha Calendar Pro in the next discussion:

http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...ad.php?t=81864
                                Cheers
                                Mauricio

Comment

Working...
                                X