Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Is their a live Demo of the E-commerce application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is their a live Demo of the E-commerce application

I would like to see the Alpha E-commerce application live is their a demo web link i can go to to see it.??

Thanks

Re: Is their a live Demo of the E-commerce application

Here is the link to the demo.

Comment

The demo site dose not work very well.

First its very very slow to load compared to any other site i go to.

I added items to the cart and after looking around more all the items in the cart got lost and it showed no items in cart when i went to the check out.

None of the thumb images are links like most shopping systems have.

A few times i would click on the text link to go into a product and i would get a white screen with nothing on it. The page did not load..
      I had to click on my refresh button to make it load in and very slow.
      This seems to the problem when everything gets lost in the cart i just did it again and after the refresh to get the page to load i now once again have nothing in the cart.

I added in more items and when i change the Quanity of a item in the shopping cart and clicked on save changes i get a new page that says
      There are No Items in Your Shopping Cart.

I was hoping to see a great web program but what i am seeing is a program that dose not work??? and runs very slow.

What am i missing?

Comment

I think it may be something relative to your end Ed as I do not have the problems you mention--I did not lose any shopping cart items and the site is actually as fast or faster than the average site I visit.

As far as the blank pages...There simply are not any items available for certain categories...hey it's just a simple sample database--I would not expect it to have it completely filled up with data (should I expect it?? Don't think so--just more to get rid of when modifying it I think.). Pictures as links---guess they could have been done that way...guess I agree that many sites have it that way so maybe this App should too.

???
        Last edited by MikeC; 03-18-2008, 02:09 AM.
        Mike

Comment

I tried less than hour after you and didn't have any problems. Try it again when you get the chance and see if things go a little better. Otherwise I might start to suspect that there is something wrong with the way that you are receiving the data. The speed was not slow. It was what I would call more than reasonable. I have seen faster but I have also seen a lot slower.

As for the abilities of the package, it is not touted as the be all web store. It is designed as a very able starting point with ample room to allow you to modify to your own specs.

From the website:

A turnkey e-commerce solution, AlphaStore 2007 provides:
          • A Totally Customizable Look & Feel. Choose from 45 professionally designed, color-coordinated style sheets to instantly change the look and feel of your site. No programming or design skills are necessary to change the style of pages, components, headers, logos, photos, links, or anything else. And advanced users will be glad to find they can control virtually all the application�s visual features and behaviors, using Alpha Five�s built-in visual CSS and HTML editors, field validation rules, ActionScripts, xBasic language, and SQL query support.
          • Ready-to-Go Shopping Cart with Smart Checkout and Order Tracking. Shoppers will enjoy AlphaStore�s familiar shopping cart metaphor, and standard forms common to all modern online stores. AlphaStore 2007 makes it easy for shoppers to provide their personal, shipping, and payment information; and select from over 10 shipping options, including UPS, FedEx, and the USPS. Shipping and sales tax charges are automatically calculated by user-updatable tables. Built-in payment methods include PayPal and Authorize.Net (for MasterCard, Visa, and American Express). And every form and transaction can be secured using 128-bit SSL encryption, the global standard for secure Internet commerce. Lastly, customers and administrators alike will love AlphaStore�s order tracking, which lets them see open orders, print picking and packing lists, and update orders before they�re shipped.
          • Advanced Administration, Reporting, and Royalty-Free Source Code. Products can be added or updated using online forms in the administration section or directly from the desktop. Eight detailed reports are available, including invoices, product lists, vendor reports, picks lists, and packing lists. Custom reports for analysis of specific store data can be created with ease. Lookup lists for shipping and sales tax tables can be directly maintained online. And because 100 percent of the source code is provided on a royalty-free basis, experienced users and professional developers can use AlphaStore 2007 as an application framework to speed design and deployment of robust, scalable Web applications, such as membership systems, church systems, lead management systems, student information systems, HR systems, client managers, inventory tracking, directories, and more.
          This full-featured web application can be used "out of the box" to provide a complete, fully functioning, "ready for business", online catalog, shopping cart and e-commerce system. Or, it can be used as a framework for your own web application.
          I have looked at a lot of carts in the past year and this one is very nicely done for the price. Do remember that many of the big carts being used cost thousands of dollars. And I saw many that could do less than this cart for a lot more money than Alpha is charging. Here you have a more than usable cart system designed around A5 which allows you to make into whatever you want.

Comment

Ok i gave it another shot and it is working better now it did not give me the white screen and drop the cart items.
            It also let me change the amount of a cart item.

Wonder what was going on the other time..

Comment

Hi,

I also had a go of the demo site today, and I had no peformance problems so I agree that it must be in your end the problems are.

With regard to the package I find it to be very nice as a base for developing my own site, if I want an image to act like a link to the part screen I can just do that myself.

/Jim

Comment

The demo sites have background processes to restore the original data on a timed basis. This allows testers to try features, create "sales", add and delete records etc. When the data is restored, all of those changes are removed and a "fresh" application is available. During that restore process, some tables may be locked, and some recently added data will "disappear". It is probable you had the misfortune to hit the site while it was in the restore mode. While that is occurring, the site will seem slow and may show odd behavior. Just try again in a few minutes and all should be well.

Comment

Working...
                X