Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

x_Dialog Tab Stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: x_Dialog Tab Stops

if the apostrophe is giving you a problem then you may want to try
    Report for: Mr.Scott Modery
    Report for: the administrator above him
    this is only a suggestion, I have no knowledge of anything about xml in xdialog.
    thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
    mysql backend
    http://www.alphawebprogramming.blogspot.com
    [email protected]
    1 914 924 5171

Comment

I've got the big gun looking at it. I sent a sample to Selwyn...

Comment

Stan,

Substitute ` (Grave Accent chr(96)) and see if anyone notices.
        I did try that and the dialog displays as anticipated, and yes, it is difficult to know that it is an "`".

I'm still hoping that Selwyn can figure something out.

Tom

Comment

would it be possible to use something similar to
          virtual list view in learning xdialog listviews where you can specify the alignment of a column to center?
          thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
          mysql backend
          [email protected]
          1 914 924 5171

Comment

G,
            I'm not sure what you are getting at. I have centered the columns I want to center.

see the display in post 36.

Tom

Comment

oh sorry, I see now.
              http://screencast.com/t/1TkddJGB6ar
              when I was doing this I must have gotten excited to share with you how I did it.
              please ignore me.
              Last edited by GGandhi; 06-04-2015, 12:12 PM.
              thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
              mysql backend
              [email protected]
              1 914 924 5171

Comment

OK, so here's the code from Selwyn's "more than one way to skin a cat" goodie bag:

Put the "title" inside the dialog body using {title=}

Code:
                dlg_body = <<%dlg%
                {removecomments}
                {can_exit=close}
                {startup=init}
                [COLOR="#FF0000"]{title=__title__}[/COLOR]
                {xmargin=0}{ymargin=0}
                {stretch=height,width}
                {watch=browseObj1.mode_get()!modechange}
                {card=230,15BrowseCard_browseObj1};
                {stickto=bottom,right}
                {justify=right}
                ;;;
                <10&Close!close>;
                %dlg%
                [COLOR="#FF0000"]dlg_body = stritran(dlg_body,"__title__",dlg_title)[/COLOR]
                [COLOR="#FF0000"]dlg_title = "ArbitrarilyNamedTitleWithNoSingleQuote"[/COLOR]
                ui_dlg_box(dlg_title,dlg_body,dlg_event)
                GOOD DIALO.jpg

ALL IS GOOD!
                Last edited by Tom Henkel; 06-04-2015, 01:42 PM. Reason: to show results

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Henkel View Post
                  OK, so here's the code from Selwyn's "more than one way to skin a cat" goodie bag:

Put the "title" inside the dialog body using {title=}

Code:
                  dlg_body = <<%dlg%
                  {removecomments}
                  {can_exit=close}
                  {startup=init}
                  [COLOR="#FF0000"]{title=__title__}[/COLOR]
                  {xmargin=0}{ymargin=0}
                  {stretch=height,width}
                  {watch=browseObj1.mode_get()!modechange}
                  {card=230,15BrowseCard_browseObj1};
                  {stickto=bottom,right}
                  {justify=right}
                  ;;;
                  <10&Close!close>;
                  %dlg%
                  [COLOR="#FF0000"]dlg_body = stritran(dlg_body,"__title__",dlg_title)[/COLOR]
                  [COLOR="#FF0000"]dlg_title = "ArbitrarilyNamedTitleWithNoSingleQuote"[/COLOR]
                  ui_dlg_box(dlg_title,dlg_body,dlg_event)
                  Tom,

Very interesting, and I am glad you finally got what you were after. But for those like me that may be a bit slow on the uptake, it may help to explicitly point out another key part of the code is that your dialog title with the apostrophe must appear somewhere above the stritran that makes the substitution, along with some meaningless title after that (which can't be blank). Obvious, yes, but in trying the code you provided I had a heck of time getting a desired result until the obvious suddenly became obvious!!!

Something like this:
                  Code:
                  dlg_title = "Tom's Title"
                  dlg_body = stritran(dlg_body,"__title__",dlg_title)
                  dlg_title = "xxxxxxxxxxx"
                  Raymond Lyons

Edit: I guess the point is, stick this code in any xdialog browse code generated from a standard browse around the ending %dlg% and it should work:
                  Code:
                  {title=__title__}
                  %dlg%
                  dlg_title = "Tom's Title"
                  dlg_body = stritran(dlg_body,"__StatusArea__",StatusAreaCommand)
                  dlg_body = stritran(dlg_body,"__title__",dlg_title)
                  dlg_title = "xx"
                  Last edited by Raymond Lyons; 06-04-2015, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Ray,

Way back about 50 posts ago, I posted the code that defined the dialog title. This has gone on WAYYY too long, and I could kick myself for not posing the question to Selwyn much earlier. He had an answer for me within 2 hours. Not bad for the head of a major company. (lol)

Comment

I don't know if Selwyn mentioned it, but the title command is for the displayed title, it does not have to be the same as the dlg_title. Sort of like an object name and a label, with dlg_title being the object, and title the label.
                      Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Henkel View Post
                        Ray,

Way back about 50 posts ago, I posted the code that defined the dialog title. This has gone on WAYYY too long, and I could kick myself for not posing the question to Selwyn much earlier. He had an answer for me within 2 hours. Not bad for the head of a major company. (lol)
                        So how does one approach Selwyn with a question? I was thinking a curtsey might be in order...
                        Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

Comment

Robin,

Selwyn is very approachable. He obviously has a real passion for the software and definitely cares about his customer's success. I have had many interactions with him over the many years we've been using Alpha software, and ALL of them have been very positive.

This is my original e-mail to him:

Selwyn,

I would like to know if there is a way to have an apostrophe � � � in an xml browse title. The folks at the message board are telling me that I should just word things differently instead of using the apostrophe, but I feel there HAS to be a way to do this. I�m developing a system to replace our paper time-off requests, and one of the pieces of it is for a supervisor or administrator to view (in an xml browse) the time-off requests for a specific supervisor�s department. When I construct the Dialog title with the apostrophe �Time Off Requests for Tom Henkel�s Department�, The defined browse does not appear, but the default browse does. If I remove the apostrophe, the appropriate browse shows. In the code, the offending string is under the �elseif "Supervisor"$vWhich� code.

I�ve included the dialog code and samples of what the dialogs look like with and without the apostrophe in the title.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
                          Tom

Comment

Hi All,

I can create the XML Browse and show with xdialog.
                            xml_invoice_set.jpg

My other problem is that I cannot focus on the "DropDown ListBox" when I selected a product Id from xml browse.
                            xml_invoice_dropdown.jpg

Does any one know How do I set the focus on it?

Comment

By just looking at screenshots ? No

Comment

Hi Ray,

How do you get the Parent Id at Child table in xml layout?

Comment

Working...
                                X