Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Does anyone have a V11 Runtime license to sell?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a V11 Runtime license to sell?

I need a V11 Runtime license for a small not-for-profit organization.

Does anyone have one they might like to sell me?

Thanks.

Charlie

Re: Does anyone have a V11 Runtime license to sell?

Hi Charles,

Have you tried [email protected] ?
    Regards
    Keith Hubert
    Alpha Guild Member
    London.
    KHDB Management Systems
    Skype = keith.hubert

For your day-to-day Needs, you Need an Alpha Database!

Comment

Keith,

It's not important for you to respond to every post.

Think a little first.

Comment

Hi Charles,

Think a little first.
        What are you on about? Think a little first, I'm not child learning how to cross the road. Also is there a quota of how many messages I am allowed to answer?

I do have a V11 Runtime licence, as do many other developers. It is not appropriate to sell on a licence, when it is still available from Alpha.
        Regards
        Keith Hubert
        Alpha Guild Member
        London.
        KHDB Management Systems
        Skype = keith.hubert

Comment

Keith with all respect but why is not appropriate to sell a licence? there more post with the same request if you want to sell your lics AA has nothing to prevent that, why and how would AlphaSoftware manage that you own the lic because you paid. Further V11 is end of life if you buy that at the shop you bought a DOA, there no more updates since a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Hoens View Post
            Keith,

Think a little first.
            Charles

I haven't handed out this link to the board for awhile.

It's a collection of books showing how to get your point across without making your delivery the issue.

Hope your day improves.

http://robertfulghum.com/index.php/fulghumweb/books/
            Al Buchholz
            Bookwood Systems, LTD
            Weekly QReportBuilder Webinars Thursday 1 pm CST

Occam's Razor - KISS
            Normalize till it hurts - De-normalize till it works.
            Advice offered and questions asked in the spirit of learning how to fish is better than someone giving you a fish.
            When we triage a problem it is much easier to read sample systems than to read a mind.
            "Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler."
            Albert Einstein

http://www.iadn.com/images/media/iadn_member.png

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Hoens View Post
              Keith,

Think a little first.
              There is peace and quiet on the forum that we want to keep it that way , Keith can do what he will correct without comment or comments, he is not a child and childish comments have no place on the forum. thank you!

Comment

Hi Eric,
                why is not appropriate to sell a licence?
                You don't own the licence and have no right to sell it on. See the licence agreement.
                how would AlphaSoftware manage that you own the lic because you paid
                What you have paid for is a licence to use the software. The same as you have a licence to drive on the road. You dont own the licence or even the road come to that. Yes that is a problem for all software houses how they manage unauthorised duplication.
                Further V11 is end of life
                If you can still buy it from Alpha, which I have done recently, then I would say that it is far from end of life. True there will probably be no more updates, but that does not mean what is available will not work, because it does.

I agree with Charles, "It's not important for you to respond to every post." No, it is not important to answer every post (which I dont), but when I do, I dont expect it to be thrown back in my face for having done so.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the Conference.
                Regards
                Keith Hubert
                Alpha Guild Member
                London.
                KHDB Management Systems
                Skype = keith.hubert

Comment

Use the software see the agreeement if that is so i can't sell my apps, customers want the complete package, you can't say buy your own lic at. A lot of developers would be out of business. I think with use it means "please do not de-compile"

Comment

Whether you can or cannot sell or transfer the license also depends upon local law. In the USA it was always legal to transfer (not sure about charging a fee) your software license - regardless of what the original issuer had to say about it. But a recent court case reversed that as a precedent. I am not sure about other parts of the world.
                    Steve Wood
                    See my profile on IADN

Comment

Anyone can sell their license with alpha's approval. It has been done before and can be done in the future if they follow their same guides.

It would not be a good thing to sell a runtime license and continue to distribute applications with it. Just not right. It also is not right to let another developer to use your license.

I am not intending to develop anymore in v11, but have a number of completed apps in various places on the web that I sell or give away. I feel I should have everything redone in v12 and have all v11 apps off the web before giving up my v11 runtime(or any other) license.

Yes, we can sell or give away our apps. That is what runtime is all about. The wording is meant to say that we do not own the application and code in it, but we do have the right to distribute our apps with the runtime included.

If alpha has exception to what I said here, the would say something here or to me. If I have interpreted anything and they notify me, I will correct it here. If someone else takes exception to this, say so and I would rethink it.

I certainly agree with what Steve injected to a point. If one of us bought the runtime and we all shared it? That is not right.
                      Last edited by DaveM; 09-26-2014, 05:45 PM.
                      Dave Mason
                      [email protected]
                      Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Other people have bought and sold Alpha licenses here on this board without controversy. I do agree it would be wrong for someone to sell an RT license to someone and then continue to use or distribute it, but at this point Charles is merely looking to see if someone can sell him an available RT license. And if some person did sell an RT to someone and then did continue to use it , the violation would then be on the seller, not the buyer. But it's pointless to speculate whether the seller or buyer may commit arson before the fact (not picking on you Charles - I'm quite sure you are not an arsonist or otherwise a nefarious person).
                        Peter
                        AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
                        https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Charles

We have some licenses. I will be in Boston, I am happy to give them away in exchange for some xbasic help.
                          I would rather do this with Alpha's approval.

Michael

Comment

You don't own the licence and have no right to sell it on. See the licence agreement.

Wrong! You do have the right to sell if properly done!

You dont own the licence or even the road come to that. Yes that is a problem for all software houses how they manage unauthorised duplication.

Wrong! You purchased the rights to the license and therefore can do as you please with your ownership

Further V11 is end of life. If you can still buy it from Alpha, which I have done recently, then I would say that it is far from end of life. True there will probably be no more updates, but that does not mean what is available will not work, because it does.

Wrong! Alpha v11 is at the end of it's cycle. v12 is out and much better. Alpha is not supporting v11 anymore. Yes it is still usable for some projects as is v7, v8, etc.

Answering post does have the added need to try and clarify the question and then to give correct as possible answers. That helps everybody. Vague or incorrect answers can give one a bad reputation on this or any board.
                            Dave Mason
                            [email protected]
                            Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Hi Dave,

When was the last time you read the Licence Agreement?
                              Except as expressly provided in this AGREEMENT, you may not otherwise make copies of the Software Product or the printed materials accompanying the Software Product.
                              5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the Software Product (including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and "applets" incorporated into the Software Product), the accompanying printed materials, and any copies of the Software Product are owned by ALPHA or its suppliers. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the content that is not contained in the Software Product, but may be accessed through use of the Software Product, is the property of the respective content owners and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties
                              I'm sure you would not be happy to have one of your customers sell a copy of your application and you got nothing for it, however old it was.
                              Regards
                              Keith Hubert
                              Alpha Guild Member
                              London.
                              KHDB Management Systems
                              Skype = keith.hubert

Comment

Working...
                              X