Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

No email from Alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No email from Alpha

I have been sending emails from Alpha for decades. Unlike yesterday and before, I can not send any today. I can send and receive from within my email provider page but not from within Alpha. My email settings that are shown in the email setup screen are the same. I know there are more settings than those shown in that screen. Any suggestions of where to look for the problem would be appreciated. Thanks.

You don't say whether you are using the Alpha email client, or your alternative email client, like Thunderbird or Gmail.
    If it's Gmail, you will have problems as discussed in the Web and Browser section.
    See our Hybrid Option here;
    https://hybridapps.example-software.com/

Apologies to anyone I haven't managed to upset yet.
    You are held in a queue and I will get to you soon.

Comment

I've just tested the Alpha Client to send mail, and it's working fine.
      Also tested Thunderbird from within Alpha and that works as well.

Check that you are using SSL in Settings/Email connect and send/receive in the Send/Receive tabs
      Check in Advanced tab on Settings/Email you are using SMTP port 406 and POP port 995

May be something outside of Alpha which is causing problems.​
      Last edited by Ted Giles; 03-25-2024, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Thanks Ted. I will switch my SMTP from 465 to 406 and try again. I am using the Alpha email client. I suspect that one of the settings that are used that are not shown in the email settings menu are not correct.

The settings I am referring to can be seen with the following:

Dim shared pEmail as P

email_profile_load("Default", pEmail)

What I see from this on a new install is that they are all blank. I find that curious as I would expect them to be populated on installing runtime on a users machine. Guess not.

Can you, or anyone, check those values and list the working ones in a reply? If you want to do that privately, please email me at <personal info removed>​

Thanks.​
        Last edited by Lenny Forziati; 03-26-2024, 10:45 AM. Reason: personal info removed

Comment

Switching SMTP ports from 465 to 406 did not work either. What should the host names be? Alpha names or that of my email provider?

Comment

try smtp 587
            Gregg
            https://paiza.io is a great site to test and share sql code

Comment

Just sent an email using the same setup as in the attachment in the mail - from Alpha

Comment

A correct email address would be good!

Comment

Gene,
                  While there are some standards, email provider are allowed to choose which ports to use.
                  We can go by standards (such as 465 and 587 being standard smtp ports) but those do not apply
                  for everyone.

Gregg

Comment

I don't think it's a port issue, Gregg.
                    I looks like a RT install which needs a whole new Email settings job.
                    Not everything gets bundled in a RT build.

I have attempted to send an email, <personal info removed>​ is missing something.​
                    Last edited by Lenny Forziati; 03-26-2024, 10:45 AM. Reason: personal info removed

Comment

I'm sure now the correct port is 587.
                      I don't know how relevant the blacklists are but <personal info removed>​ is on UCEPROTECTL2 and UCEPROTECTL3.

220-*Mon, 25 Mar 2024 13:37:40 -0600
                      220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited,
                      220 and/or bulk e-mail.
                      Last edited by Lenny Forziati; 03-26-2024, 10:46 AM. Reason: personal info removed
                      Gregg

Comment

Hello all. Thanks to everyone that is trying to help. I just learned that my site was hacked. It is currently in the process of being scanned by Sitelock. Yes, <personal info removed>​ is a valid email so the issue may have to do with the hacking of my site and its affects. That should all be cleared up within the next day or two. I suspect that one of the things on the hackers to do list is to add my info to the black lists. What a world in which we live! I would agree Ted that the RT install is in need of some help regarding the email. I loaded the latest today and there are no email settings to be had. I also agree that my email settings, both visible and not, need to be fixed. This is why I ask for the info.

Hey madtowing, is the note you have the reported reason for the black listing? I thank you for that. If this is the case, I will need to inform my email provider about my business and make use of another venue to inform my clients.
                        Last edited by Lenny Forziati; 03-26-2024, 10:46 AM. Reason: personal info removed

Comment

I'm not sure which note you're referring to.
                          The 220-*Mon, was be redacting the response when I confirmed your smtp port is 587.

Your server is on the 2 lists I mentioned. Those are the only 2 that showed up when I did a blacklist check for your domain.
                          You will want to get on top of it before you show up on the relevant blacklists as they are sometimes difficult to get unlisted.
                          Gregg

Comment

Gimme an email ending in .com orsimilar andi will resend instructions.
                            Not this hacked one please, Gene

Comment

Hi Ted.

Try <personal info removed>

How do I proceed to address this blacklist problem?

Thanks,

Gene
                              Last edited by Lenny Forziati; 03-26-2024, 10:44 AM. Reason: personal info removed

Comment

Working...
                              X