Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

My application close itself after I open it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My application close itself after I open it

The dll is a compiled file and looks a bit like a mathematics server for functions or same. Hard to know without some directions for it.

It may be worth a try but I am not sure they have away to decrypt an aex. If they do then they have never told anyone that I am aware of. If they can decrypt it they will probably tell him he must buy a subscription to the latest version of Alpha but that would still be cheaper then the other options.
    You are right. Hundreds beats thousands any day. He is still going to need a lot of help getting some of that taken care of. The logi is def. a xdialog looking thing. called from the main form There is also more interesting stuff in there with other udf's
    Dave Mason
    [email protected]
    Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

This is interesting
      http://www.alphasoftware.com/alphafo...hlight=compile
      Dave Mason
      [email protected]
      Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Originally posted by DaveM View Post
        I use that but unfortunately it does not actually de-compile an aex. The restore just copies the contents of the backed up alb, alm and alx files back into the app so the scripts and udf's show up again.

I keep my development copy in its own folder and never delete any scripts or udf's from the code tab.
        I use a separate folder for the distribution copy and this is the one I compile the aex from and the remove the scripts and udf's

But it is a very useful addin and saves a lot of time prepping your app for distribution.

Comment

Here is my function I use for the CompileDB.aex add-in

For compiling:
          Code:
          FUNCTION _compilesix AS A ( )
          OPTION Encrypted_tokens

'Prompt for password and store result in a variable called 'superpass'.
          dim prmpt_title as c 
          dim prmpt_prompt as c 
          dim prmpt_default as c 
          dim prmpt_mask as c 

prmpt_title = "Prove yourself"
          prmpt_prompt = a5_eval_expression("=\"What is the secret handshake\"",local_variables())
          prmpt_default = ""
          prmpt_mask = "*"

DIM SHARED superpass AS C

superpass = ui_get_password(prmpt_title,prmpt_prompt,prmpt_default,prmpt_mask)

if superpass = "a_password" then 'This makes you enter a password to run the CompileDB add-in
          	'------------------
          addin.run("CompileDB")
          	Else
          	'Display the message box because they entered the wrong password.
          DIM SHARED  sherlock_result as N
          DIM SHARED  sherlock_OK_Button as L 
          sherlock_OK_Button = .F.

title_var = "Wrong"
          message_text_var = <<%text%
          Nice try Sherlock
          %text%
          sherlock_result=ui_msg_box(title_var,message_text_var,UI_OK+ UI_FIRST_BUTTON_DEFAULT+ UI_INFORMATION_SYMBOL)
          'Test to see which button on the message box was pressed....
          SELECT
          	CASE sherlock_result = UI_OK_SELECTED
          		sherlock_OK_Button= .t.
          END SELECT
          		END

end if  	

END FUNCTION
          For restoring:
          Code:
          FUNCTION _restoresix AS A ( )
          OPTION Encrypted_tokens

'Prompt for password and store result in a variable called 'superpass'.
          dim prmpt_title as c 
          dim prmpt_prompt as c 
          dim prmpt_default as c 
          dim prmpt_mask as c 

prmpt_title = "Prove yourself"
          prmpt_prompt = a5_eval_expression("=\"What is the secret handshake\"",local_variables())
          prmpt_default = ""
          prmpt_mask = "*"

DIM SHARED superpass AS C

superpass = ui_get_password(prmpt_title,prmpt_prompt,prmpt_default,prmpt_mask)

if superpass = "a_password" then 'This makes you enter a password to run the CompileDB add-in
          	'------------------
          Addin.run("RestoreGlobalScripts")
          	Else
          	'Display the message box because they entered the wrong password.
          DIM SHARED  sherlock_result as N
          DIM SHARED  sherlock_OK_Button as L 
          sherlock_OK_Button = .F.

title_var = "Wrong"
          message_text_var = <<%text%
          Nice try Sherlock
          %text%
          sherlock_result=ui_msg_box(title_var,message_text_var,UI_OK+ UI_FIRST_BUTTON_DEFAULT+ UI_INFORMATION_SYMBOL)
          'Test to see which button on the message box was pressed....
          SELECT
          	CASE sherlock_result = UI_OK_SELECTED
          		sherlock_OK_Button= .t.
          END SELECT
          		END

end if  	
          END FUNCTION

Comment

Freesix,
            Question. Do you have access to a computer named mzanzi-pc? Is so, see if you can find a folder mzanazicrm\crmsys and see if there is any thing in there.
            Actually "mzanzi-pc" is the computer name of the server, where that CRM is placed.
            and for me to access it from my IT PC, I follow the below path : \\mzanzi-pc\mzanazicrm\crmsys\

In there was the CRM I sent you through that link (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...kZuMFd4NEY1NVE)
            the one that shutdowns itself when you try to login.

2. Why does it close itself when I supply the correct password??? Something in the init_system() UDF is forcing a shutdown on login.
            but when I supply the wrong one, it knows that is wrong and ask me again !!! (So It can differentiate a wrong and a correct one. STRANGE !!! ) No, that is telling you that it is working up to the point of accepting the password and then attempting to finish the login.
            You said that something is forcing it to shutdown. Okay, I agree.

I remember before that Developer leaves, he gave me a list of 6 common Problems that usually occur to users and showed me how to Troubleshoot and fix it.
            Among those 6, there is one that's happening often when I install a new box for a new user.
            That problem is the same with the one is happening now, I mean when you enter your login/password it closes the App.
            he told me if I see something similar I must check the clock if its behind (not properly set) and all the time when it happens to me the clock was also behind and I was just putting the correct date & time and the problem was solved.
            The clock was behind due a to system battery low.

Besides, I also installed Alpha Five developer edition on my lap-top to try to finish the remaining part of the App at Home (like I quoted on my old post)
            and I was stuck because I did not have the licence key, so I ran it for 30 days free-trial. During the 30 days I was busy with something else and I realized that it was the 25th and I could not cope !!!

So I decided to do an old trick !!!

Long time ago, we used to modify the clock to disrupt a program when you getting close to the deadline of expiration,
            so I also did the same, I modified my clock (lap-top) to an old date and Alpha Five gave me another 15 days again.

and after that, one day, I tried to modify the production App. (the one that in the server) directly from my Lap-top as I got a Dev. version of Alpha Five in my lap-top;
            and I still don't remember if the day I tried to modify it directly in the server my clock was behind or not !!! (because sometimes I was putting it back in normal to browse internet as Google Chrome and Firefox doesn't work if your time is behind)

Maybe if we can think also about it !!!

Question :
            Is there any place where Alpha Five catches the date/time and save it????
            if we can find that file or system register space maybe...!!

maybe it still running according to the wrong date/time I put that day !!!

It's just a suggestion.

Comment

I doubt the date would have anything to do with your problem.

Have you tried installing the runtime on your laptop and seeing if the app will startup there?

Bottom line is if you cannot find the development set of CRM.??? files that still have all the scripts and UDF's visible, or a backup that works, you going to have to ask Alpha if they can de-compile the CRM.AEX file or try and rewrite all the scripts and UDF's

I think that if the original developer did give you the working source files that somehow you may have over wrote the CRM.??? files with the ones that are no longer working.

If you ever get this resolved then never update the live copy without making a backup first and never modify the development copy without making a backup first.

There is a utility I use a lot, Effective File Search. It is free. You can use it to search the drives for files by name or files that contain certain text. So you could tell it to search a drive for all *.zip files that contain "CRM.*" and it all look through all the zip files for that. Maybe, just maybe you will be able to find the CRM.??? files you need.

Comment

Have you tried installing the runtime on your laptop and seeing if the app will startup there?
                I'm gonna try it today saturday.

How does the decompiled version of the CRM.aex looks like maybe I'll find it??? because I'm going to search it.

I think that if the original developer did give you the working source files that somehow you may have over wrote the CRM.??? files with the ones that are no longer working.
                the ONLY source he gave me is this one ( https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...U1FaURIeHh4MVk )

If you ever get this resolved then never update the live copy without making a backup first and never modify the development copy without making a backup first.
                He also told me to backup first before to make any changes in the server.
                and this is the backup I made, I forgot to send you that ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W...ew?usp=sharing )
                That backup was made before even I touch the server.
                in the zip you find two folder, the first is the real CRM and the second is the shadow CRM.

looks like it's missing Forms !!!
                If we can add these missing forms from the other CRM that shutdown itself, and try if it can work !!

Is there anyway to only add existing forms?? Can you please walk me through this?
                Last edited by freesix; 03-12-2016, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by freesix View Post
                  I'm gonna try it today saturday.

How does the decompiled version of the CRM.aex looks like maybe I'll find it??? because I'm going to search it.
                  The CRM.AEX is a compiled file that contains the original contents of the CRM.ALB, CRM.ALM & CRM.ALX . There is no decompiled version of an AEX file.

I looked a the files you backed up before any changes where made on the server. I hacked the forms back into it. They do not all show up in the list but they are there.

Then with the init_system() UDF commented out and the "Start Up Form" removed from the properties. I opened the app up to the control panel. With the crm.dll and mrg.dll removed I got a "System startup files missing" error when login in as user admin. Replacing those dll files caused the original results of shutting down when login in.

Basically, you do not have the original source CRM.ADB, CRM. ALB, CRM.ALX files anymore so you cannot fix the program. It will take a rewrite of all the scripts and functions if you cannot get Alpha to decompile the CRM.AEX file if they can and then find out what the init_system() UDF is doing with the crm.dll and mrg.dll files as I think one of these is causing the shutdown for some reason.

Maybe someone here is smart enough to decompile those two dll files and find out what they are doing.

Comment

I agree with preston on this as you have 2 options:
                    1 hope alpha can decompile the aex file(s)
                    2 Either re-write all the scripts and functions or hire someone to do it for you. Neither will be cheap in either time or money.

my humble observation: The previous employee must have had a reason to leave and a bigger reason for all the security to keep the company/you out and that has not been talked about.
                    Dave Mason
                    [email protected]
                    Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Originally posted by DaveM View Post
                      my humble observation: The previous employee must have had a reason to leave and a bigger reason for all the security to keep the company/you out and that has not been talked about.
                      I totally agree with you on this one Dave. There is absolutely no reason for him to compile to an aex and then remove the scripts and UDF's from the adb as this looks like a custom app for a company and not an app that he was selling to multiple companies.

Can all the scripts and UDF's be rewritten? Yes. All the forms are there, all the tables are there, all the menus and toolbars are there, all the reports are there, all the operations are there and all the data is there.

If I knew the flow of the app and a few other things about it then I could rewrite all the needed scripts and udf's but it would not be cheap and would take a lot of time.

At this point if Alpha cannot decompile the AEX to get all the scripts and udf's back into the adb then the decision needs to be made as to what is it worth to the company to get the app backup and running as it will be very pricey no matter who does the work.

Comment

Once it is done - needs to be moved to the alpha security system and they need to have the administrator password.

All the user info can be moved with the groups like it is set up now.

NO reason to compile the scripts and functions - just password them 2 times.

Those missing scripts and functions are going to take a lot of hours figuring out which ones do what if and when discovered.
                        10-12 hour job just to estimate the hours needed.
                        Dave Mason
                        [email protected]
                        Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Hello guys,

Actually, what he told me is : He was requesting a increase in salary because he was with them for 4 years and he built everything himself (the CRM).
                          He even told me that when they employed him he was just a PC Technician and he found them handling a lot of Excel Files,
                          and he introduced them Alpha Five to built that CRM.

but he was just disappointed that the boss just let him go easily after everything his done for the company.
                          the boss denied to increase his salary.

===

Okay guys, I read all of your messages,

so in brief, you mean the last suggestion is to hire someone to re-write all the scripts?

if so, give me time, I'll speak to them.

Comment

If the company agrees to hire someone to rewrite the scripts, maybe you could call the guy who wrote it and and offer the job to him...
                            Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

Comment

Originally posted by MoGrace View Post
                              If the company agrees to hire someone to rewrite the scripts, maybe you could call the guy who wrote it and and offer the job to him...
                              I second that, that will be the right thing to do and more efficient to the company.
                              thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
                              mysql backend
                              http://www.alphawebprogramming.blogspot.com
                              [email protected]
                              1 914 924 5171

Comment

Originally posted by MoGrace View Post
                                Maybe, maybe not. Looking at the app it is apparent the guy who wrote it purposely left with the scripts, UDF's and classes compiled and then removed so that no one could edit, add-to or fix the program. Given the above stated circumstances of his departure it may well have been so he could hold the company hostage. If that is the case would the company really want to deal with him again?

There is also the issue of the two .dll files he created. The init_system() UDF calls them and if they are removed it tells you it cannot find them, If they are there then the app shuts down. It could very well be that one of those .dll files is looking for something on the web that the guy put out there so he could remotely shut the app down and make it not work. Who knows but would you as a company want to trust him again?

He did the work while under the employ of the company so all of the code belongs to the company, not him. They could try and take him to court to get the code or a judgment against him which is what they should do if they want to deal with him again.

Comment

Working...
                                X