Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Report Super Control - List of Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Report Super Control - List of Reports

I've watched the videos and see two new features that I'd like to "combine" if possible, but not sure how. With the Report Supercontrol i can put a preview on a page to see a specific report for the customer i am viewing - GREAT! In the PDF supercontrol, i see you can have a browse of pdf files, and as i click on each one, the preview changes to that pdf.
    What i'd like to do is have a customer report form, that when they go to it, there is a list of reports and as they click on the report the viewer shows that report for the customer they are on... so instead of a list of pdf files, it is a list of reports (limited to what i want them to print from this page).
    Sure it is possible, just not sure how.
    THANKS!
    Lynda

Re: Report Super Control - List of Reports

Hi Lynda,

Open the form in design mode. Right click on the supercontrol and select 'supercontrol designer'. Then click on the events tab where you will see the code. Copy and paste the code into the other supercontrol.

I'm not sure what it'll look like but, who cares? You'll have fun experimenting and playing around with the code.

Let us know what happens.

kenn
    TYVM :) kenn

Knowing what you can achieve will not become reality until you imagine and explore.

Comment

Lynda -

I'm wondering if, rather than the pdf viewer, what you want is the Report Preview Supercontrol.

The pdf viewer basically selects pdfs that have already been saved to a file.

The Report Preview SuperControl allows you to specify a report and an associated filter.

Yes? No?
      -Steve
      sigpic

Comment

yes, i want the report previewer - i like it a lot, but it limits to one report. the thing i like about the pdf viewer, isn't that it pulls pdfs, but that there is a list on the left of different pdf files, then when you click you see in the viewer.

what i'm trying to do is put a list of reports that the user can choose from , so when they click on the report, the viewer shows the report filtered to the customer they are viewing... right now it is bound to a specific report i select when creating the report viewer...

Comment

I'm thinking we can get to the properties of the report via Xbasic, in which case we might be able to specify the data source (e.g. report name) and then assign it via Xbasic.

But, I ran into a problem trying that, and have asked Selwyn if he might review my approach. I'll let you know.
          -Steve
          sigpic

Comment

If you have a control on the form that has a list of reports - say a list box then in the OnChange event put the following. Assuming that the name of the super control is XDialog1
            Code:
            topparent:XDialog1.Settings.Report = this.text
            topparent:XDialog1.refresh()
            Tim Kiebert
            Eagle Creek Citrus
            A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.

Comment

i see where you are going and i have played with the idea. Two things ot sure of. 1) the list box - is this a "button" - xdialog box - list box? I created one like this and put the name of an actual report in the list box, but i don't see where the onchange event is... when i right click on a button there is no onchange... and there isn't one on form just an canchange... not sure i get the last piece, can you give me just a little more detail on the list box part.

Comment

Lynda,

I just created a variable for the form and then placed it on the form. In the properties I defined the control as a listbox. For the choices I used computed automatically and set the source to Report Layouts. You can show all reports or use the further options to limit the reports to the current table or set.

or use user defined and enter the report names manually.

If you want to use an xdialog use the form name instead of topparent.
                Tim Kiebert
                Eagle Creek Citrus
                A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.

Comment

Lynda,

Attached is my copy of Alphasports. (caution - this where I experiment and hack away at stuff so don't get it mixed up with your copy of Alphasports)

Check out the form v9ReportPreviewxx.

In the upper right is a list box of reports. As you choose a report there it previews in the form. Notice that even though the form is based on the vendor table reports that have nothing to do with the vendor table still preview. This means we can make a dummy table and preview any report we want in this way.

Also check out the difference between the DrillThrough_Customers2 report and the DrillThrough_Customers report as viewed on this form. The links in DrillThrough_Customers previews the drilldown report in the regular separate window. The links in DrillThrough_Customers2 open up the drill down report within the super control. Check out the report definitions (specifically the OnPush event of the link fields) for the code differences.
                  Tim Kiebert
                  Eagle Creek Citrus

Comment

Thanks! I Will Download And Look At It, But It Sounds Like Exactly What I Want :)

Comment

that is what i needed and works great! The only problem, is that i do want to make a screen that is "customer reports" and have it filter to the cust_id field on the form for each report, and then i'd need to restrict the reports in the list to the ones i want available... some of my reports are "management only" reports, so i can't have all reports in the list... any ideas of how to restrict?

Comment

Ok, answered own question. I found how you can go to the Choices Tab and instead of computer generated i can user define the list and then type any report i want.... thanks so much for everyone's help - the alpha download was HUGE in helping me solve this. I'll post again, if i find anything else useful or have further questions.

Comment

Working...
                        X