Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Is there any v10 desktop demo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is there any v10 desktop demo's

https://news.alphasoftware.com/V10Pr...uresVideos.htm

This link just worked for me. And the 'watch video' links work fine from the page that loads.

Here's a direct link to part one of the 'Grid' Vid!!

http://www.ajaxvideotutorials.com/V1...dInXdialog.swf

Does that work?
    Kind Regards
    Alan

Comment

Just tried it. Same thing. Blank

There is no error message and no indication thta anything is happening.

I run several flash movies on my websites for demonstration and for traininng. Some run as long as 20 minutes. The most amount of time it takes to load in 1 minute. During the opening on the screen there is the flash that displays the running circle and states please wait ... Loding movie. People can activly see that something is happening and a bar that shows the remaining time to complete the load and a bar with the amount of the video loaded.

I tried it from another laptop with the same results. This is something Alpha should look into as I'm sure I'm not the only person having this problem. Think of the potential new customers that click on the link and get a blank page. They probabily wont purchase.

Comment

Fred:
        I must disagree as I too have no problem seeing any of the demo files. You might want to do some more checking of your settings.
        I am using Vista Premium Home.
        "Ollie, remember how dumb I used to be? Well, I'm much better now."

Pete

Comment

Fred,
          I'm sure I'm not the only person having this problem.
          Maybe not but so far the majority (all) do not (I can play them from all links so far)....which am afraid does put it all back on you for troubleshooting.

Going at it from that perspective, what has changed since you were able to access the videos? And is it just these videos or can you play ALL the other ones?...if just these then maybe they are just slightly different somehow and your settings won't allow them. Odd that your laptop also does not play them---is your laptop's OS the same and do you have the same anti-virus?

Troubleshooting by oneself is always a horrendous endeavor....we will help as we can you know.
          Mike

Comment

I think the V10 will have great advantage voor Win and Web developers.
            Fore sure some things will not reach the web otherwise not the desktop incl. WTS or Citrix.
            Thats the challenge!, Marketing operunities are available just reaching out!
            If you look at the latest demo V10 desktop you can resue the grid components, and I strongley believe that's just the starting point.

I think putting the responability on customer side is wrong, eq < my customer is moving to the web etc, resolves anything > is NOT the answer.
            It's your commercial action to bind your customer to your solutions, but that he will MOVE thats for sure even for 50/50 at least. So if you put no action you will <in time > will LOSE that customer!!!!!.

So it's just a matter to open your eyes
            I strongley believe in A5 and a international market, if you wise you can send a PB response if you have any questions,

God bless you!

regards,

Eric

Comment

Fred

I had that problem too after I downloaded the new IE8.

I went back and downloaded IE8 again and then installed it - when I ran it the first time a pop up notified me that IE8 or my Service Provider wanted to run an activex program signed by Microsoft (I did not see that the first time) I allowed the activex to run and then could run the videos - it seems that without that activex program (don't remember what it was") SWF videos would not run - not only from alpha but from other sources.

This is only a guess.

FWIW

Tom Baker

Comment

Fred

To test if it is a browser problem, you might consider downloading Safari for Windows.

http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

It's not a huge installation and won't take over your computer. Don't even think you have to reboot after the install. It has the added advantage of being faster at page loading than IE.
                Kind Regards
                Alan

Comment

Thanks guys!

I am currently running IE7 and I run swf movies all day as that is what we do training with. I have recently gone to several unrelated websites and have viewed all kinds of video and flash content without any problems at all. That is what is so puzzeling. It's only the links to alpha videos that I'm having problems with. It seems that if it were a browser problems I would not be able to run movies from any website. When I last opened the link to the movies at Alpha I received no error message just the normal window but blank. I waited for ten minutes and no vidoe and no error message.

Comment

It could be something to do with your Browser.

I am using FireFox on both Windows 7 and Vista and have no problem with the videos.

Comment

How long did you wait for it to load? I'ver found there is nothing to indicate it is loading and it took a good 45 seconds to load.

kenn
                      TYVM :) kenn

Knowing what you can achieve will not become reality until you imagine and explore.

Comment

the following link has videos of new desktop app development features in the upcoming v10

http://news.alphasoftware.com/V10Pre...uresVideos.htm

codeless ajax web development features in the upcoming v10 are at

http://news.alphasoftware.com/V10Preview/videos.htm

we will be covering both web and desktop features at the training conference for v10 - details are at http://www.imakenews.com/alphasoftwa...x000380270.cfm
                        Richard Rabins
                        Co Chairman
                        Alpha Software

Comment

Originally posted by forskare View Post
                          How long did you wait for it to load? I'ver found there is nothing to indicate it is loading and it took a good 45 seconds to load.

kenn
                          Basically a few seconds, and I mean seconds to start loading. With Firefox the demo's started to run after no more than 10 secs.

Comment

Nope,

I tried it again and waited 5 minutes. Blank screen. If I go to Alphas website I can run any of them from the website. The problem for me is that Alpha does not have access to these videos on the website.

I think another problem is Alphas use of Jing. We build hundreds of videos a year and run them form our websites. I work with several other companies that do the same but we all use industry standard Flash video. No one I know has even heard of "Jing"

If alpha would at least put these videos on their website others could look at them.

I don't understand why I can run them from Alpha's website but not thru the links.

I do know this. I'm staying with Flash as our media choice. We have never has one complaint from anyone that could not run the movies from our sights. We even have our Alpha applications launch the videos from the program on the customers hard drive. They click the button and open the video from the website and watch it.

Comment

Hi Fred,
                              Jing was introduced here a year or so ago--they offered an initially free way to add videos via a link (when they take the "free" away you will have to subscribe to their service).

Regarding
                              We have never has one complaint from anyone that could not run the movies from our sights.
                              you have to use what works best for you. But just a FYI...I have two computers which will crash repeatably when using any sort of flash most likely due to dll conflicts with other software...resulting in my not even trying to use it. One even had fits when Yahoo introduced flash as part of their interface and had to stop using Yahoo on that computer.

My point is....I contend there will never be a universal way to do things and there will always be some that cannot use what most do.
                              Mike

Comment

Agreed.

I use it because it works better than many others and I don't won't to lose sales because the video would not play and the potential customer would look elsewhere. Granted it is not perfect but we have thousands of visitors to our online videos and never any problems. At least no one has ever called or E Mailed us to say they could not view the video and we sell a lot of software due to the flash presentations we have done. We are now converting our help files to online videos and have received comments form our customers all over the world saying that they really liked learning to program on line much more than our printed users guide. I just wish I could view the V10 videos like everyone else but I guess I will have to wait until V10 is out for a while and see then what it can do as more accessible information becomes available.

Comment

Working...
                                X