Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Where are we all from????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Where are we all from????

For those who like grammar (re ending a sentence with a
    preposition) you might be interested in www.grammarlady.com
    devoyed to all sorts of grammar questions and related issues.

She has a list of oxymorons which lists Microsoft Works.

BTW I live in Silver Spring, MD inside the Capital Beltway.
    For those that that are not familiar with that reference,
    I live in a suburb of Washington, DC, about 3/4 miles from
    the DC boundary.

Comment

Alabaster, Alabama - Just south of Birmingham. I've been developing apps. using Alpha4 for about 5 years. Would like to start a user group in the Birmingham area. anyone interested??

Comment

Thats close Jake. Britania and Erin Mills.

Comment

Daniel Weiss
          Monsey,NY 30 Miles North of NYC
          Daniel Weiss
          EZ Link Software

Comment

Hey,
            I'm not the only one from Iowa. Maybe now we can challenge the Minnesota guys/gals. I think they have 3.

Jim

Comment

Chico, CA

About 100 miles North of Sacramento. And about 200 miles NE of Bezerkely, CA (a relatively safe distance).

Comment

Hopkinsville, Ky
                the garden spot of the world

HA HA

Comment

I thought Dawson Springs was the garden spot and Hopkinsville was a suburb.
                  There can be only one.

Comment

A wild Idea!!

What do you folks think of having a 2 day conference a few months after V5 is released? My guess is there would be more than enough to talk about and learn. There are quite a number of you that are very capable of speaking and teaching. It would not need to be a money maker but enough to cover expenses. To spare the space on this board and to check out the interest, send me an email. If you have any suggestions, send that as well.

Depending on the situation, we have some of the top resorts in the country that have great accomidations and do conferences all the time. The airport is only 20 minutes away. If that worked out, I would be gald to do all the leg work on this end as I've had experience with some of the resorts in arranging conferences.

Just a wild thought.

kenn
                    TYVM :) kenn

Knowing what you can achieve will not become reality until you imagine and explore.

Comment

I think that this is a great idea.

There is a huge amount of new stuff in A5 that will have enormous implications for developers on the kinds of applications that they can develop, and the increase in sophistication of these applications.

Also, it would be useful to outline the direction we see for version 6, 7 and beyond.

I am all for it.

Comment

Amen from the beach's of Biloxi, MS.

Comment

I'm in Moraga, California, just on the other side of the Caldecott Tunnel and over the hill (yes, I'm "over the hill" in more ways than one) from Stephen in "Bezerkley" and 26 miles east of San Francisco (probably about 15 as the crow flies).

Sylvia

ps: I enjoyed the grammar discussion. That's one of my emphases as well. It drives me crazy to hear someone say they feel "badly" about something. I grew up calling everyone "guys" - I think it was a 50's or a westerner thing. I grew up in Salem, Oregon. While I know the rule about not ending a sentence with a preposition, I have found myself slipping into doing so from time to time. I don't consider that to be as offensive as some of the other gaffes.

Comment

I feel badly that you feel this way. What other peevs do you live with? Well you guys take it easy out there in CA.

:} Jamin

Comment

This is great! Here we are all eagerly awaiting the release of v5 in all of its glory (although I guess we will have to wait longer than most over here in England!) and Selwyn is already talking about v6 & v7
                              Glen Schild

My Blog

Comment

Sylvia,
                                If you are interested in grammar try www.grammarlady.com
                                I have only discovered this recently and it looks intereting.

Also www.washingtonpost.com you will find under todsy's
                                column some cslled Red Pencil which is a daily discussion of
                                word origins and word ussge. I believe that the authos, Chris
                                Redgate (I believe) discussed sentences ending in prepositions
                                and coted experts thst condoned in certain cases,
                                Today he discussed the use of the word :contact" as a verb
                                and quoted the venerable OED as declaring its use as a verb OK.

Enjoy your comments here. You demonstrate that so much can be
                                done without Xbasic. However, Xbasic does give you great power
                                not available otherwise. If you look at my post of a last
                                few days you will see that Selwyn plans to issue 3 Xbasic
                                manuals in place of the current one. Maybe it will provide
                                better user friendly guidance to Xbasic.

You referred to yourself jokingly as "over the hill". What
                                should I consider myself having reached 80 last October. I
                                would say I am in the running as the oldest person using this
                                message board.

Comment

Working...
                                X