Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Look Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look Up

Hi Guys, hi terry, hi marc,

I am back.
    I have a query though. i have to design a database for a radiology center, where I put in the type of study done like X ray, barium, Sonography, Doppler etc with their subtypes as a cascading look up. That is easy, now I have a list of predifined charges for each of these studies and their subtypes. my problem is that when the user slects , lets say, barium and then subselects, upper abdomen, how do i tell the charge field to select only the amount for barium upper abdomen. What kind of a look up do i apply here which is dependent on the eaxact value in the test field which is a cascading look up field.

Dr Alok Modi MD

RE: Look Up

Hi Alok,

Nice to have you back !

Well, as I see it this is a typical case for handling field rules.
    Select the table, go to fieldrules and select the field in which you want select the item.
    You can then create a lookup that not only does fill the name field of the product, but also fills the price field and all other fields you would like.
    I think you should think over the possibility to get these values and prices in a separate table, so your user can add, change or delete the items. Then you can easely create a lookup from let us say an invoice table to this table.

Hoping to have helped you,

Greetings,

Marcel

Comment

Do you have a lookup table for the exact charges? If so, once you know which major and minor category you are using, just combine them to lookup to the charges table.

Tom

Comment

Hi guys thanks for the quick reply. My problem is not solved though. I am aware of look up field rules and in this database I am using two look up field rules, cascading and table look up. Let me elaborate the database in detail here.

when a patient comes to the radiology center, his ID is entered and incremented automatically. His name is entered, OK ? Now I am using table lookup to enter his referral doctor's name and hospital's name. I am using cascading field rule to enter the type of test the doctor has ordered, lets say he goes for XRay. Now XRay can be of chest, abdomen, again it can be front of chest, side of chest, so the rule is X ray, + chest, ++ PA view, ++ lateral view, etc. OK?

Now below this is field, where I have to mention the charge incurred for this particular test, So when the receptionist selects, X Ray, then she will select chest, then PA view, so the radiologist wants me to design it in such a way, that the moment PA view is selected , the relevant charge is automatically enetered in the charge field, as charges will be different for P View, Lateral view etc. Also, there are some 50 types of tests these guys are doing, so even if I design such a table with type of test and the charges in two columns, how do i tell A5, to pick up "X" amount for AP view, "Y" amount for lateral view, Z amount for sonography of the upper abdomen and "A" amount for sonography, lower abdomen.

It is not possible with a table lookup because then I get a list popping up with the test on the left side and the charge in the second column. He wants it so that the moment test A and subtype A is selected the predecided charge gets filled up in the charge field automatically and his secretary does not have to select from long list of tests and charges. Again a table look up doesn't work here because the type of test are entered in the previous field as a cascading field rule.
        You get my problem? I am also not sure if the "IF" function or the "Lookup "function can help me here.

Can u help me please ?

Comment

A table lookup is EXACTLY what you need to do. Your Cost table must have a record for each instance. The key would be all of the views, and the dollar amount would be specific for each view.

ie
          xraychestlateral 250.00
          xraychestpaview 145.00
          etc.

This way, after the last subtype is entered, the key is built, and it is a matter of going to this new table and retrieving the cost.

Building this lookup table will be tedious, but not difficult. just be sure that every different type of view is entered.

Tom

Comment

I am waiting for budget approval from a chain of hospitals for two apps - radiology/courier and respitory.

Although currently the Respitory Care will be the most complex program from the hospital's standpoint, it could be that your work on the typing of radiology would be a useful addition. If you would be interested in sharing our work, please email me.

My sense of radiology is that we will have a terminal in the courier room, one or more in the actual xray room, and one or more at the administration location. Administration gets an order for 'n' xrays from a doctor for a patient, marked as recieved. The terminlas in radiology are updated with unfilled orders, then marked completed; courier recieves a notice of xrays ready for pickup for delivery via several methods.

The state of the xray is readily available, as they get a lot of calls wanting to know the status of ordrd xrays.

But as my sense of what you are doing has more to do with the types of xrays and related issues, that could add great functionality to the program.

Cole Custom Programming - Terrell, Texas
            972 524 8714
            [email protected]

Comment

Working...
            X