Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Automatic Invoicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Invoicing

In alpha_sport sample, let�s say you have created a new product in 'Products� form and you want to automatically generate invoices for all the customers living in NY by just pressing a button in the form. How would you go about doing that?

Your help would be most appreciated.

Ninus Daniels

RE: Automatic Invoicing

Ninus,

What are you going to have on each Invoice?

RegardsKeith HubertAlpha Guild MemberLondon.KHDB Management Systems
    Regards
    Keith Hubert
    Alpha Guild Member
    London.
    KHDB Management Systems
    Skype = keith.hubert

For your day-to-day Needs, you Need an Alpha Database!

Comment

1. Do a query on the "NY" value in the state field.
      2. Print: Make sure the report's detail section is set to "Base report on current selection of records"
      Peter
      AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
      https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Thank you for your response, but my question was how do you generate automatic invoices for clients living in NY by pressing a button on the �products� form.

Lets say you create a new item in �Products� form called �monthly service fee� after saving the item by just pressing a button new invoices will be automatically generated and the new invoice item (monthly service fee) will be added to the invoices.

Again I appreciate your responses.

Ninus Daniels

Comment

Well, you can code that in xbasic and/or action scripting. Attach the events to the button's OnPush event.
          Peter
          AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
          https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

I think part of the problem here is defining exactly what you want to do. When I first read this thread I thought to myself, "Wow! That's a pretty neat business. Come up with a new product and then bill all your customers for it. Don't even worry about whether or not they ordered it!" Obviously it makes more sense now that we see it's a service fee.

However, will this automatic billing be a one-time issue? If not, will the service fee always be billed separately or will it sometime be part of a regular bill? What about the invoices for other things - how and when is that done? What is your general table structure for invoices and customers? (Invoice_header, Invoice_Items, and Customer tables?) Are you tracking unpaid balances? Interest? Taxes? Credits? Refunds?

I'm finding that each situation/business brings up unique invoicing issues and nobody else can tell you exactly how to do it. Someone might be able to help with the logic or even the code but the first problem is to know exactly what it is that you need to do. (Also, if it isn't repetitive, it probably isn't worth the time to code it.)

What's obvious to you (especially with invoicing) may not be obvious to others and any code we gave you without knowing all the details would probably not work. Even knowing all the details, it still might take hours, days, or even weeks to get it working as needed. I had one situation that was so complex that it was months before I got it working correctly for all the possible input variations and the resulting script is 900 lines long. (That's just to build the invoices and doesn't count a few other scripts for payments, updating past due amounts, reporting on taxes, entering credits and refunds, etc.) Of course, some situations are much simpler.

In this message at message ID 22073, I outlined the procedure I use for the situation where I'm building invoices for multiple customers once a month. Maybe that will help get you started.

Here are the modifications I think you would need for your situation:
            - The first query would just be on the customer table for all NY customers.
            - In step two you would not only build headers for each NY customer but also build an invoice line item for the service charge in the same loop. If that is the only thing to be included on the invoice, you could probably do both in one loop and add the invoice number to the line item as you build each line item. (I'm assuming the total cost will always be the same for everyone since it is only a service charge and that only the service charge will be on the invoice.) Build and save the invoice header first so you can get the new invoice number. (Assuming this is the only charge for this invoice, don't forget to enter the total charge in the invoice header as you build it.) Then build the invoice line item record using the new invoice number to link it. Then repeat the loop for the next client. That would basically handle items 2a through 4 in the referenced message.

Of course, you will need a set to generate and print the invoices themselves. I presume you already have that.

Comment

Working...
            X