Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Stretch view of a calendar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stretch view of a calendar

Would anyone on the forum know if one can create a form with a monthly calendar view that can be stretched as one drags the window from right side to left side? I don't yet have the calendar addin, so I don't know if this is possible with the addin. This feature would be very helpful for my use. Here are samples enclosed that shows what I mean.
    "Ollie, remember how dumb I used to be? Well, I'm much better now."

Pete

Re: Stretch view of a calendar

You can roll the addin calendar up, but you can't size it. Maybe you should take your sample as a stacked week view? - then each day can be plenty wide.
    Peter
    AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
    https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Peter:
      Thanks for the response. My interest is just having it stretch across the screen when necessary, just a cool thing. The program I am using to generate this used Access, but I have no desire to go back to Access. I have just been playing with using the stretch capabilities in the dimension property and can't get it to work the way I want it to (still learning). Since there aren't any samples of the addin, I wasn't sure how it worked. The sample view I attached is a monthly view that can be resized and each day is actually a button that opens up forms to input data. The data then displays on each day back on the monthly view.

Pete

Pete

Comment

Pete

Attached is a sample of the calendar add in. As Peter said, you can't resize the calendar. I wish there was an option to maximize it. Thought I would attach a sample just so you could see it in action.

Also, there is QUITE a lengthy example of a monthly calendar in Dr. Wayne's Xbasic for Everyone. I believe the book says the code is available on his site as well. It might be able to be modified by one of the gurus on the board to do what you want as it looks to be static in size as well.

BTW, been meaning to ask you. Are you a coach, runner, both?

Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Jeff:
          Thanks for the insight. I looked at the Dr. Wayne's Calendar sample and thought it was just for a web page. I will look more closely. Your sample looks more like a schedule lister. I am interested in recording and posting track workout schedules. Unfortunately, I haven't found a good program out there that will include ability to create sprint training and weight lifting schedules and generate good reports. Most just record mileage. As I said earlier, the stretch calendar is just kind of cool, not essential.

Yes, retired college track coach and long ago sprinter.

Pete

Comment

Pete

Attached is another example showing the Add New Record option enabled on the Calendar Addin. It might get you close to what you what. You could click on the day bar in the monthly calendar and bring up the "List View". Once in the list view you could choose "Enter" to bring up a data entry form which you could then use to enter either the track work out or weight lifting work out. It would probably have to be a text field and abbreviated so you could display it on the monthly calendar but it might get you close to what you want. I can see the need for the larger spaces for the days given what you are doing.

I have been pretty much a life long runner - but I am a distance man.

Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Pete

Here is an example I made for you.

It lets you choose the athlete's schedule you want to view/edit and then it pulls up the calendar for just that athlete. Not sure if that would be your implementation but it seemed reasonable if you coach multiple people. Just run the button on the startup form. Click on the title bars of the days to be able to enter new records for that day.

Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Pete:
                I didn't follow every bit of detail on this thread so my comment might be a bit off. But if all you want to do is "stretch" the calendar, you can do that with xbasic (change the size of the window). That is not as cool as if you drag the border and stretch it. But what might come very close to that, is to use the mouse co-ordinates. Check out that thread

I said this repeatedly before: if I had one single wish for alpha, is to enable drag and drop in view mode. That feature is not available.

Comment

Enclosed is as close as I can come to explaining how this would work. I used multi-state buttons. What the Access program is able to do is show read only fields from data input from another form underneath each day (in the bigger boxes where it says Day 1, Day 2). This is more of a "can this be done" rather than asking for help in doing it, as I am not ready to journey down that road yet. Since it can be done in Access (probably using visual basic), I was hoping...

Anyway thanks for your thoughts and effort to point me in the right direction. I really appreciate it.

Jeff, I am going to have to buy the addin on Monday and then try your sample.

Pete

Pete

Comment

Pete

I'm pretty sure it can be done as far as the button approach. I do something very similar in the main app I am developing - although not with Multistate buttons. I actually populate the text on the buttons with summary values from the underlying child table. If you get the calendar addin, I will be interested in what you think about the calendar approach. It seems it might work for you. Also, I remember a post on here by Tim Kiebert(I think) that allows for the days of the week at the top of the screen(and is scrollable by week) and then detail for each day was at the bottom. It was pretty slick. Not really a calendar per se but very cool nonetheless. I'll try to find it and point the link to you.

Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Pete

Here is the other thread I was talking about. There are some samples in there that are pretty neat for viewing a week of data at a time by day with a browse for the detail. Might work for you as well.

http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...ad.php?t=64552

Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                      X