Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Missing or invalid keyword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing or invalid keyword

I'm trying to use the following code in the OnInit event of the form. It works but I get the error message, "Missing or invalid keyword".

:Tabbed1.Tabs.Transparent_background as C.

I can also use...

:FormName.Tabbed1.Tabs.Transparent_background as C

with the same results. Any clues what the missing or invalid keyword might be?

Thanks, Ken
    TYVM :) kenn

Knowing what you can achieve will not become reality until you imagine and explore.

Re: Missing or invalid keyword

Kenn

Are you trying to dimension a variable like
    dim varname as C
    The value you are referencing probably doesn't need to be dimensioned (and probably will error if the a DIM is not the same type as the existing value), but if it did would be correct to say
    DIM :Tabbed1.Tabs.Transparent_background as C
    Regards,

Ira J. Perlow
    Computer Systems Design

CSDA A5 Products
    New - Free CSDA DiagInfo - v1.39, 30 Apr 2013
    CSDA Barcode Functions

CSDA Code Utility
    CSDA Screen Capture

Comment

Hi Ira,

I took the code from A5 help, Tabbed Control Properties....

Transparent Background

Sets the fill color of the tab control to transparent.

:formname.controlname.Tabs.Transparent_background as C

This should not be a variable, should it?

Thanks, kenn

Knowing what you can achieve will not become reality until you imagine and explore.

Comment

Originally posted by forskare View Post
        Hi Ira,

I took the code from A5 help, Tabbed Control Properties....

Transparent Background

This should not be a variable, should it?

Thanks, kenn
        I believe what the documentation means to indicate with

Transparent Background

is that you can set the transparent_background fill color by issuing the command with the value passed as character like.....

:formname.controlname.Tabs.Transparent_background = "Red"

Just like you would use :formname.controlname.object.always_on_top as L

:formname.controlname.object.always_on_top = .t.

or

:formname.controlname.object.always_on_top = .f.
        There can be only one.

Comment

??

Comment

Originally posted by G Gabriel View Post
            ??
            I agree with Gabriel. If it's supposed to be transparent, why would you want to assign a color to it. It's no longer transparent and why in the world would "transparent" be neeeded?

As they say in Las Cruces, "No comprendo"

kenn

Comment

Ken:

I am not certain if I understand what your looking for so if I am way off base here please ignore this.

If you are trying to set an Objects (tabbed control) properties to transparent from the on_Init event of the form containing the object the code I use is as follows:

Permit:Tabbed1.tabs.transparent_background = .T.

In this example Permit is my form and tabbed1 is my object (tab control). The code is placed in the On_Init event of the form Permit. This works fine for me without flagging an error.

I suppose it may be easier if I listed it as:

formname:Objectname.tabs.transparent_background = .T.

Again my apologies if I am off base with your question.

I hope this helps!

Paul

Comment

I believe the documentation is incorrect and you are right. Using the object explorer after checking the transparent background box one can see it has been set to True.
                There can be only one.

Comment

Hi Paul,

OK, now this is making sense and it does tie in with what Stan said. I substituted my form name for your's, the rest was the same. No error messages but it does not work. It does not put the tabs in the transparent mode.

Also, the A5 Help is not correct in tha it says:

placing the form name after the ":", thus the error.

Thanks, kenn

Comment

Ken:

The code works in my database. I made up a simple database called transparent which contains a table and a form (called permit) with a tabbed object called tabbed1. I entered the code on the form permits on_Init event, you can check it out there. If you double click on the form you will see the tabbed object becomes transparent and displays the forms underlying color. If you enter the forms design view you will see the true color of the tabbed object.

I zipped up the database and attached it for you to try. Check it out and let me know how things turn out.

As an alternate method you can also use Xdialog to obtain a similar result.

Paul

Comment

There is no table and therefore no forms included in your zip.
                      Tim Kiebert
                      Eagle Creek Citrus
                      A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.

Comment

Whoops!

Sorry for the blunder. The zip on this post should now contain all of the files.

Paul

Comment

Yep, I can confirm that the tabbed object goes transparent on form open and then not after the button push.
                          Tim Kiebert
                          Eagle Creek Citrus
                          A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.

Comment

I downloaded Paul's zip file and opened the form, Permit. The entire tabbed object is almost transparent. The outline of the tabbed object is visable as are the outlines for the tabs. See Pic1

I opened my form and verified the code to be the same as Paul's except for the form name. Upon switching from design to form view, this error message pops up:

Script:OnInit line:6
                            Menu:Tabbed1.tabs.transparent_background = .T.
                            Not found
                            Menu:Tabbed1 not found.

Clicked ok and the form goes to design view with the entire tabbed object looking like a huge button,as did Paul's. See Pic 2 (I changed the background from a pattern to a solid color)

Click the Toggel Transparent Button Off and that does seem to work properly. I also created a button to Toggle Transparent On, changing .F. to .T. It did not work at all. See Pic3

It would seem to me that rather than the entire object becoming transparent, only the tabs should be transparent, at least that's how the code is supposed to work.

kenn

Comment

Here's Pic1. It would not attach with the others as it was too big so I only took half of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X