Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

How to run a script every day at the same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to run a script every day at the same time

This should be something that Alpha should be able to do with ease. Sevreal other program like A5 can do this.

I want to schedule a script to run at the same time everyday of the week year round.

Re: How to run a script every day at the same time

Are you having issues with the

script_schedule()

command?

This also seems pertinent.
    Last edited by Stan Mathews; 07-25-2009, 12:22 PM.
    There can be only one.

Comment

Thanks Stan,

I have never used that befoer and when I read Alphas information on it and timers I get lost. The script that you showed in your earlier post look slike what I ned. I'm a little lost on ow to make it run just one time each day.

Fred

Comment

The script runs every hour but it only runs the called script once a day when

time("h") = "7"
        There can be only one.

Comment

How does it work

I used Stans method but it did not fire off automatically.

'Date Created: 30-Jul-2009 11:56:15 PM
          'Last Updated: 31-Jul-2009 02:29:28 AM
          'Created By : Fred
          'Updated By : Fred
          if time("h") = "6"
          script_play("PmixD")
          end if

Is there something else to make it work every day automatically?

Comment

Where did you place the script?
            There can be only one.

Comment

on the Main Menu which is open all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Windstarsoftware View Post
                on the Main Menu which is open all day.
                It's not clear what "on the Main Menu" might mean ???

The script must be in the onTimer event for the form, and a timer interval must be set.

Comment

The Main Menu is the form that is the main menu which is the form that opens when the application is launched. It stays open (on screen ) all day 24/7.

I just set it up on the form using the On Timer event. Is there something else that needs to be done to make it work everyday?

Comment

The Main Menu is the form that is the main menu which is the form that opens when the application is launched. It stays open (on screen ) all day 24/7.

I just set it up on the form using the On Timer event. Is there something else that needs to be done to make it work everyday?
                    Why not test it with a shorter timer interval first? You could change the called script to simply display a message box, until you're sure the timer is behaving as expected.

And, I'd close and then open the main menu form after saving my design changes. Not certain but am thinking this is necessary to start the timer running.

Comment

Tom,

Thank you. I have saved the form many times and closed and opened it as well. I have set the Hour 3 times and waited for it to fire off but it does not.

This is what I copied to the On Timer event for the form.

if time("h") = "6"
                      script_play("PmixD")
                      end if

Is there somewhere else that something neds to be done to make it work?

Comment

Tom,

Thank you. I have saved the form many times and closed and opened it as well. I have set the Hour 3 times and waited for it to fire off but it does not.

This is what I copied to the On Timer event for the form.

if time("h") = "6"
                        script_play("PmixD")
                        end if

Is there somewhere else that something neds to be done to make it work?
                        Fred, your code won't run the script until "hour" portion of the current system time is 6. i.e. 6 AM. Why are you thinking it should run sooner?

In the properties of the form what timer interval did you set?

After replying with answers to both questions, try this:

1) set the timer interval to 20 seconds.

2) put this in the onTimer event:

Code:
                        script_play("Test Timer")
                        3) on the code page of the control panel create a new xbasic script and save it as "Test Timer". This new script should contain one line:

Code:
                        msgbox("On Timer", "has fired and the 'test timer' script has run")
                        Confirm that the onTimer event plays the script every 20 seconds.

Comment

Tom,

I think the proble may be to do with the

In the properties of the form what timer interval did you set?

Where and how do you set the interval. I just want the script to run every day at 6:00AM one time each day.

Today when it did not run I modified the scripts hour to the next hour to test it and it did not run any of the 3 times when the selected new hour.

Comment

Tom,

also the script PmixD is in the list of scripts created in the code panel. It works every time I run it from a button. Just not automatically.

Comment

Tom,

Where and how do you set the interval.
                              The properties of the form are available by placing the form in design mode, and clicking the Form menu at top of the display. Choose Form Properties from the drop down list.

The timer interval you must set is shown on the "Form" tab.

If you leave it zero then it never runs.

Suggest you work through my exercise to get a better understanding of how the OnTimer event works...

From the HELP Documents:

OnTimer
                              The timer interval has elapsed. The timer interval for a form is set by editing the form, selecting Form, Properties and setting a timer interval. For example, if the timer interval is set to 5 seconds, the OnTimer script will execute every five seconds.

Comment

Working...
                              X