Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

FullCalendar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FullCalendar

Having a super hard time trying to get this JS calendar implemented correctly - If I hard code the events its fine. If I use a variable that holds the correct JSON data I get no errors and no events either, If I use a string that looks like json data (LOL) then I get {object} {object} - hahahaa, so yeah been down that road.
    Finally If I have a list control I can get individual events using variables for each to show up in the calendar.

Overall this has been a real pain in the butt. Does anyone have any snippets to share of a correctly implemented calendar pulling data from a DB?
    Apparently I need more to go on than their documentation! Would really like to see what I am doing wrong, and maybe learn a thing or two.

I am still running that discord server at https://discord.gg/yfsc9RTm if anyone is interested in hanging out (screen sharing) and working on it with me...

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!
    NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Hi Charles,
    I have no idea what calendar you're working with, but I'm getting better at working with JSON and javascript.
    Care to share ?
    Gregg
    https://paiza.io is a great site to test and share sql code

Comment

Hi Charles,

I looked at fullcalendar a few years ago and found it hard work. Have you applied for a feature key for the list control calendar layout as in the nightly release notes, it takes a bit of work to understand but is pretty good, I have been using it for a few years now.

Comment

fullcalendar.io also YES I have teh feature key for the list control view as a calendar - equally if not harder to understand as it is not fully developed imo
        NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

wouldn't mind seeing a working example of a list control layout working (beyond static data) with a DB - how to implement db fields into the json calendar settings - when customizing a typical list control layout you can edit it, apply a template etc fairly easily whereas the calendar control you can only use the calendar settings which can be confusing to someone like me who is new to working with json data and forms. the static data implementation - simple but I am not going to work out "duration" for an event. and all layouts use "duration" as far as I can tell instead of a start date and an end date then there's AA displaying a friendly date when it needs mm/dd/yyy hm...etc - quite frustrating to have to figure out what you need in the DB and then what you need in the properties on your own. So i guess ti could be much better documented and more videos made would be a huge help. Would be great to see a much better visual builder when it comes to the calendar - so if your watching...folks at AA !!!

Comment

Can you share the JSON data?

Comment

Yes indeed. This DB is for testing and has 3 records I created for testing purposes. The Xbasic to retrieve the json is as follows:

to be posted...had to remove it as it was wrong, lol
              Last edited by CharlesParker; 01-09-2024, 01:36 PM.

Comment

maybe my function isn't right somehow?

Comment

well of course - I am still working through this and immediately see some errors left over from implementation of the both the list view calendar AND the full calendar io so I am going to delete/edit what I posted earlier in favor of what would be more correct...sorry for any confusion. will repost what I beleive is correct and what I would need help with at that time.

Comment

Ok, so let me restart this conversation with what I do have working and what I would like to do as I think this will help you help me if you're willing.

So I have a list control with 3 records in it from a MySQL DB
                    table is called "calendar"

Table is basically this:

id | pk/auto inc
                    title | varchar
                    date | date
                    description | varchar

I have the following javascript in the onrender complete client side:

and the list control is set to select the first record so one is selected when the list loads, probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have a settimeout on the whole thing later on...but that can come later.

so onRenderComplete:

Code:
                    //draws draggable list calendar
                    {dialog.object}.buttonClick('BUTTON_1');

//draws calendar
                    var date = "2024-01-05";  
                    var calendarEl = document.getElementById('calendar');
                    var myid = {dialog.Object}.getValue('id');
                    var mytitle = {dialog.object}.getValue('title');
                    var mydate = {dialog.object}.getValue('date');
                    var mydes = {dialog.object}.getValue('description');
                        var calendar = new FullCalendar.Calendar(calendarEl, {
                          headerToolbar: {
                            left: 'prevYear,prev,next,nextYear today',
                            center: 'title',
                            right: 'dayGridMonth,dayGridWeek,dayGridDay addEventButton'
                          },
                          initialDate: '2024-01-12',
                          navLinks: true, // can click day/week names to navigate views
                          editable: true,
                          height: "auto",
                          droppable: true, // this allows things to be dropped onto the calendar
                          drop: function(arg) {
                            // is the "remove after drop" checkbox checked?
                            if (document.getElementById('drop-remove').checked) {
                              // if so, remove the element from the "Draggable Events" list
                              arg.draggedEl.parentNode.removeChild(arg.draggedEl);
                            }
                          },
                          dayMaxEvents: true,
                           // allow "more" link when too many events

events: [
                          {
                          id: myid,
                          title: mytitle,
                          date: mydate,
                          extendedProps: {
                              description: mydes
                          }
                          }],
                              eventDidMount: function(info) {
                          var tooltip = new Tooltip(info.el, {
                            title: info.event.extendedProps.description,
                            placement: 'top',
                            trigger: 'hover',
                            container: 'body'
                          });
                        },
                            customButtons: {
                          addEventButton: {
                            text: 'add event...',
                            click: function() {
                              var dateStr = prompt('Enter a date in YYYY-MM-DD format');
                              var date = new Date(dateStr + 'T00:00:00'); // will be in local time

if (!isNaN(date.valueOf())) { // valid?
                                calendar.addEvent({
                                  title: 'dynamic event',
                                  start: date,
                                  allDay: true
                                });
                                alert('Great. Now, update your database...');
                              } else {
                                alert('Invalid date.');
                              }
                            }
                          }
                        }

});

calendar.render();

​

This loads the calendar with the single selected record, I would like to load all of the records in the list so I am guessing I would need a for each loop going on - not sure how or where exactly.
                    When I tried to get some json data to replace the events: section I would either get nothing added to the calendar (no errors in dev tools) OR I would get {object}{object} as stated earlier.

Whats in question here is the events section - you'll notice I am using a var to get the data for each event name|value pair by explicitly naming the name and a variable for the value - this works and so does hard coding it as follows :
                    So if the events section looked like this:

Code:
                    events: [
                    {id : "1",
                    title : "Sample Title",
                    date : "2024-01-06"},
                    {id : "2",
                    title : "Owner Title 1",
                    date : 2024-01-07},
                    {id : "3",
                    title : "Title 2 Event",
                    date : "2024-01-07"}
                    ]​
                    This would also work to load all 3 events into the calendar however if I had a field on my UX called eventdata (or an ajax callback returning the same value) with a value of (exactly that)
                    meaning:
                    Code:
                     [ {id : "1", title : "Sample Title", date : "2024/01/06"}, {id : "2", title : "Owner Title 1", date : 2024/01/07}, {id : "3", title : "Title 2 Event", date : "2024/01/07"} ]

and in my javascript I used var getdata = {dialog.object}.getValue('eventdata')
                    something like this:

Code:
                         events: function(){
                           var mydata = {dialog.object}.getValue('eventdata');
                            {dialog.object}.setValue('returneddata',mydata);
                            return mydata;
                            },​

this fails. this gives me either nothing wihtout error or {object}{object}{object} should I manually edit the value to drop the [ ]
                    at each end etc.

I did confirm with alert(getdata) to see what exactly is in that variable. so it's like I can use a variable for the quoted named value in the javascript but not for the unquoted label - looks more like an array than it does json but either way I thought the variable would just replace the code with the string of text and then run - nope.

In summary, I would like to load the calendar with a loop to place all events in the list not just one at a time - which I can do if I place the onrender code in the list event onclick but that's not sensible.
                    Hope that makes sense. I can send the component but for it to work you'll also have to load some other scripts in the head section of either page or linked files
                    and install fullcalendar which is really just placing a folder in your project which is actually the easy part, lol.

Sometimes it's just easier to see it - LOL
                    I'll see if I can produce a video to show what I got going on here.

Comment

Hi Charles,

I think you are overthinking this a little. The list will give you all your data from your table in your database, this can be filtered in a usual manner. I use start time and end time in my database rather t5han duration and this is taken care of by the mapping in each calendars settings.

My table script is
                      Code:
                      CREATE TABLE `newcal` (
                        `id` int(12) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
                        `grouped` char(12) CHARACTER SET latin1 DEFAULT NULL,
                        `startd` datetime DEFAULT NULL,
                        `endd` datetime DEFAULT NULL,
                        `title` char(255) CHARACTER SET latin1 DEFAULT NULL,
                        `item` char(255) CHARACTER SET latin1 DEFAULT NULL,
                        `description` char(255) DEFAULT NULL,
                        `isAllDay` char(5) CHARACTER SET latin1 DEFAULT NULL,
                        `estno` int(5) DEFAULT NULL,
                        `refno` int(5) DEFAULT NULL,
                        `duration` time DEFAULT NULL,
                        PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
                      ) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=1023 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;
                      ​
                      estno and refno are not required, but I do use them for filtering certain calendars. I did put duration in there for some experimentation but have not used it in my live calendars.

My list is based on an SQL datasource and the select statement is
                      Code:
                      SELECT
                      FROM newcal
                      WHERE grouped <> 'Jobs'  
                      ORDER BY id DESC​
                      I filter out anything that is in the group (grouped) Jobs because that is a totally separate calendar which is based on a timeline view.

I then, as my main calendar view have a work-week layout which shows Monday - Friday 7am to 6pm for office operations and the settings are
                      Code:
                      {

"settings": {

"type": "day",
                              "range": "work-week",
                              "time": {
                                  "size": 70,
                                  "range": {
                                      "start": "7:00",
                                      "end": "18:00"
                                  },
                                  "header": {
                                      "size": 60
                                  }
                              },
                              "input": {
                                  "map": {
                                      "allDay":"isAllDay",
                                      "start": "startd",
                                      "end": "endd",
                                  "group": {
                                          "by": "grouped"
                                      },  

"stack": {
                                          "create": true,
                                          "on": "date"
                                      }
                                  }
                              }
                          }
                      }​
                      There are no client or server side events to get this working and apart from events in the calendar layout to get click or drag operations is all you need to get your calendar showing your records.

Lee Vasic has done some great work with the calendar and sent me a copy of his, which has given me some ideas for further developing mine, but that is for when I finish re-hashing my UX's to use JSONForms which are great and make for a much smaller UX, therefore loading faster.

Comment

no this is TWO different things we are talking about, my code (what I have working) is in relation to the integration of fullCalendar which is a 3rd party JS calendar. Their documentation is here: https://fullcalendar.io/docs
                        What you are referring to is the AA list control view - which I am happy to discuss as well but it should probably be in a different thread to keep people from getting confused. What you posted is helpful in that regard though!

Comment

Sorry for the confusion, but I thought you had said you were interested in seeing a working version of the list view calendar, the code I sent above is how to implement one. Sorry for troubling you and hijacking this thread

Comment

no. no worries! I am interested, in fact I created another thread for this exact purpose immediately after you posted! thanks for sharing!

Comment

A video would help tremendously.

but try this (In a button):

debugger;

//If this works, put your getValue in place of the static data.
                              var returneddata = [ {id : "1", title : "Sample Title", date : "2024/01/06"}, {id : "2", title : "Owner Title 1", date : 2024/01/07}, {id : "3", title : "Title 2 Event", date : "2024/01/07"} ]

//draws calendar
                              var date = "2024-01-05";
                              var calendarEl = document.getElementById('calendar');
                              var calendar = new FullCalendar.Calendar(calendarEl, {
                              headerToolbar: {
                              left: 'prevYear,prev,next,nextYear today',
                              center: 'title',
                              right: 'dayGridMonth,dayGridWeek,dayGridDay addEventButton'
                              },
                              initialDate: '2024-01-12',
                              navLinks: true,
                              editable: true,
                              height: "auto",
                              droppable: true,
                              drop: function (arg) {
                              if (document.getElementById('drop-remove').checked) {
                              arg.draggedEl.parentNode.removeChild(arg.draggedEl);
                              }
                              },
                              dayMaxEvents: true,
                              events: returneddata, // Assign the events array here
                              eventDidMount: function (info) {
                              var tooltip = new Tooltip(info.el, {
                              title: info.event.extendedProps.description,
                              placement: 'top',
                              trigger: 'hover',
                              container: 'body'
                              });
                              },
                              customButtons: {
                              addEventButton: {
                              text: 'add event...',
                              click: function () {
                              var dateStr = prompt('Enter a date in YYYY-MM-DD format');
                              var date = new Date(dateStr + 'T00:00:00');
                              if (!isNaN(date.valueOf())) {
                              calendar.addEvent({
                              title: 'dynamic event',
                              start: date,
                              allDay: true
                              });
                              alert('Great. Now, update your database...');
                              } else {
                              alert('Invalid date.');
                              }
                              }