Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

FullCalendar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Charles,
    I'm swinging at the low-hanging fruit right now.

replace flag = cn.execute(sql,args) with timeJSON = cn.ToJSON(sql,args).
    This should put the returned data into a JSON object.
    I also don't see where you're returning any javascript.
    I would remove the e._set.eventdata.value = json and add in the following code.

It's not as bad as it sounds.
    I should have time for a screen sharing session if you want.
    Code:
    dim js as C
    js = <<%txt%
    {dialog.object}.setValue('eventdata',<jsondata>);
    %txt%
    'the code below should be after the sql query is performed.
    strtran(js,"<jsondata>",timeJSON)
    return js
    Gregg
    https://paiza.io is a great site to test and share sql code

Comment

I feel like I am missing something on that last advice, never heard of timeJSON
      NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

timeJSON is a user defined variable.
        You can replace it with any variable name you want .
        I think I snuck it in the plain text on the line with cn.ToJSON, sorry for the confusion.
        Gregg

Comment

Does this make sense to you guys? I am still getting "undefined" returned from the javascript.

Code:
          function getdata as c (e as p)
              debug(1)
              dim getdata as c
          'DIM a SQL arguments object
          dim args as sql::arguments

'DIM an Xbasic AlphaDAO connection object
          dim cn as sql::connection
          dim flag as l
          ''open the connection object to connect to the Database
          flag = cn_open(cn,"::Name::nwcopro")
          dim sql as c
          sql = "SELECT id, title, date, description FROM calendar"
          'turn portable SQL on. (for more information on portable sql search in help (https://www.alphasoftware.com/documentation)
          'execute the SQL - pass in the sql::arguments object
          flag = cn.execute(sql,args)
          if flag = .f. then
              'an error occurred - get the error message from cn.callresult.text
              'report the error, close the database and then end the script
              dim errortext as c
              errortext = cn.callresult.text
              cn.close()
          end if
          'DIM a SQL::Resultset object
          dim rs as sql::resultset
          rs = cn.resultset
          'get the JSON from the query
          dim json as c
          dim js as c

json = rs.ToJSON(-1,-1,.f.,.t.,"yyyy-MM-dd","yyyy-MM-dd")

strtran(json,"<json>",json)
          return json
          'Clean up by freeing the resultset and then closing the database
          cn.freeresult()
          cn.close()
          end function​

I added in a localstorage item to catch it as well in my JS

Code:
          //works ya - and the alert shows {object}{object} like it is truly JSON

//var returneddata =[{"id" : "1", "title" : "Sample Title", "date" : "2024-01-06"}, {"id" : "2", "title" : "Owner Title 1", "date" : "2024-01-07"}, {"id" : "3", "title" : "Title 2 Event", "date" : "2024-01-07"}];

//as a value from a field it doesnt work...
          //probably prefer to get the JSON from an xbasic callback
          //which I did but got the same result where the alert shows teh actual text
          //var returneddata = {dialog.object}.getValue('eventdata');

//data from the xbasic function
          //when this runs I get "undefined" in the alert...so doesn't work
          var returneddata = {dialog.object}.ajaxCallback('','','getdata','','',{chunkedResponses: {allow: false},deviceOfflineFunction: function() { alert('Internet connection not available');  },checkifserveravailable: true,serveravailabletimeout: 2000,onServerNotAvailable: function() { alert('The server is not available');}});

localStorage.setItem("data_returned",returneddata);

//draws calendar
          var date = "2024-01-05";
          var calendarEl = document.getElementById('calendar');
          var calendar = new FullCalendar.Calendar(calendarEl, {
          headerToolbar: {
          left: 'prevYear,prev,next,nextYear today',
          center: 'title',
          right: 'dayGridMonth,dayGridWeek,dayGridDay addEventButton'
          },
          initialDate: '2024-01-12',
          navLinks: true,
          editable: true,
          height: "auto",
          droppable: true,
          drop: function (arg) {
          if (document.getElementById('drop-remove').checked) {
          arg.draggedEl.parentNode.removeChild(arg.draggedEl);
          }
          },
          dayMaxEvents: true,
          events: returneddata, // Assign the events array here

eventDidMount: function(info) {
                var tooltip = new Tooltip(info.el, {
                  title: info.event.title,
                  placement: 'top',
                  trigger: 'hover',
                  container: 'body'
                });
              },
                  customButtons: {
                addEventButton: {
                  text: 'add event...',
                  click: function() {
                    var dateStr = prompt('Enter a date in YYYY-MM-DD format');
                    var date = new Date(dateStr + 'T00:00:00'); // will be in local time

if (!isNaN(date.valueOf())) { // valid?
                      calendar.addEvent({
                        title: 'dynamic event',
                        start: date,
                        allDay: true
                      });
                      alert('Great. Now, update your database...');
                    } else {
                      alert('Invalid date.');
                    }
                  }
                }
              }

});

calendar.render();​

Watching the xbasic run in the debugger I do see json as a json object. so again I am at a dead end. Jeez.

NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

I did the strtran(js) thing because for some reason a JSON object passed to javascript using e._set will change it from an object to a string.
            If that method is used, then you would need to use JSON.parse() to convert the string back to an object.

I just found the state variable line I've been looking for during the past 4 hours, which means I'll be able to pay closer attention
            to how I say and do things.
            Gregg

Comment

ok, so I think we can agree that e._set was giving me a string literal and not a json object. It seems like "return" from the callback is returning a string as well.
              I did try json.parse for the var in the javascript but that didnt seem to work either...I know there has to be a way to do this and we are close!

Comment

I reworked the xbasic to work (I didn't get to test it yet because I haven't built the mysql table),
                and I declared all the variables at the beginning of the function (my standard).
                I tried to make notes where I changed or commented out other code, but might have missed some minor changes due to impending dinner time.
                Let us know how things work.

Code:
                    debug(1)
                dim getdata as c

dim flag as l
                dim sql as c
                dim errortext as c
                dim json as c
                dim js as c

js = <<%txt%
                {dialog.object}.setValue('eventdata',<jsondata>);
                %txt%

'turn portable SQL on. (for more information on portable sql search in help (https://www.alphasoftware.com/documentation)
                'flag = cn.execute(sql,args)
                json = cn.ToJSON(sql,args)

'if flag = .f. then
                if len(json) = 0 then

cn.close()
                end if

' rs = cn.resultset Not needed due to line 20

'json = rs.ToJSON(-1,-1,.f.,.t.,"yyyy-MM-dd","yyyy-MM-dd")

' strtran(json,"<json>",json)
                js = strtran(js,"<jsondata>",JSON)
                return js
                cn.freeresult()
                cn.close()
                end function?​
                Gregg

Comment

I love the question mark at the end,

Comment

I am getting the same exact result as my function the javascript that writes the value of the variable comes back undefined...

Comment

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15oO...ew?usp=sharing

the video shows the json coming back as undefined vs hardcoded - and what gets written to local storage as a test

Comment

doesnt it seem odd that I cant get a json object back from an ajax callback for use in a JS event? Seems like this should be fairly simple.

Comment

I got it...will post here in a few

Comment

Whew...it's finally working with 2 of the 3 methods.
                            First method is to hard code the data - great for testing but not really relevant for those of us actually using a DB.
                            Second method is to do an xbasic callback and return a json string to a field value, in this case I called it 'eventdata' - this required the string to be parsed again once it gets into the javascript, you'll see it as JSON.parse in the javascript.
                            The 3rd method is to simply return the json to the variable by running the xnasic callback in the javascript - I couldn't get this working so Method 2 will suffice.

What I did was make button 2 draw the calendar and run the javascript code
                            button 1 does the ajax callback to run the xbasic and after it completes, it simply does a button click for button 1 thereby drawing the calendar

SO to make it run auto-magically, I simply have {Dialog.object}.buttonClick('BUTTON_1'); in onrendercomplete - this does my ajaxcallback then draws the calendar!

xbasic is this:

Code:
                            'debug(1)
                                dim getdata as c
                            'dim a SQL arguments object
                            'dim an Xbasic AlphaDAO connection object
                            dim flag as l
                            'open the connection object to connect to the Database
                            dim sql as c
                            flag = cn.execute(sql,args)
                            if flag = .f. then
                                dim errortext as c
                                cn.close()
                            end if
                            rs = cn.resultset
                            dim json as c
                            dim js as c
                            'important to return the date in the proper order for FullCalendar
                            json = rs.ToJSON(-1,-1,.f.,.t.,"yyyy-MM-dd","yyyy-MM-dd")

json_reformat_safe(json)
                            e._set.eventdata.value = json
                            return json

cn.freeresult()
                            cn.close()
                            end function​
                            Javascript on button 2

Code:
                            //works ya - and the alert shows {object}{object} like it is truly JSON
                            //Method 1 hard coded data
                            //var returneddata =[{"id" : "1", "title" : "Sample Title", "date" : "2024-01-06"}, {"id" : "2", "title" : "Owner Title 1", "date" : "2024-01-07"}, {"id" : "3", "title" : "Title 2 Event", "date" : "2024-01-07"}];

//Method 2 data from a field in the UX - value is retrieved by an ajax callback
                            var returneddata = {dialog.object}.getValue('eventdata');

//Method 3 data is returned directly from an ajaxcallback that was converted into an action - this method still returns undefined for some reason
                            //var returneddata = {dialog.object}.ajaxCallback('','','getdata','','',{chunkedResponses: {allow: false},deviceOfflineFunction: function() { alert('Internet connection not available');  },checkifserveravailable: true,serveravailabletimeout: 2000,onServerNotAvailable: function() { alert('The server is not available');}});

var parsed = JSON.parse(returneddata);

//setup local storage item so I could watch what was in the variable in the debugger once returned from xbasic debugger - this can be commented out
                            localStorage.setItem("parsed",parsed);

//draws calendar
                                 var containerEl = document.getElementById('external-events-list');
                                 var eventEls = Array.prototype.slice.call(
                                   containerEl.querySelectorAll('.fc-event')
                                 );
                                 eventEls.forEach(function(eventEl) {
                                   new FullCalendar.Draggable(eventEl, {
                                     eventData: {
                                       title: eventEl.innerText.trim(),
                                     }
                                   });
                                 });
                            var date = "2024-01-05";
                            var calendarEl = document.getElementById('calendar');
                            var calendar = new FullCalendar.Calendar(calendarEl, {
                            headerToolbar: {
                            left: 'prevYear,prev,next,nextYear today',
                            center: 'title',
                            right: 'dayGridMonth,dayGridWeek,dayGridDay addEventButton'
                            },
                            initialDate: '2024-01-12',
                            navLinks: true,
                            editable: true,
                            height: "auto",
                            droppable: true,
                            drop: function (arg) {
                            if (document.getElementById('drop-remove').checked) {
                            arg.draggedEl.parentNode.removeChild(arg.draggedEl);
                            }
                            },
                            dayMaxEvents: true,
                            events: parsed, // Assign the events array here

eventDidMount: function(info) {
                                  var tooltip = new Tooltip(info.el, {
                                    title: info.event.title,
                                    placement: 'top',
                                    trigger: 'hover',
                                    container: 'body'
                                  });
                                },
                                    customButtons: {
                                  addEventButton: {
                                    text: 'add event...',
                                    click: function() {
                                      var dateStr = prompt('Enter a date in YYYY-MM-DD format');
                                      var date = new Date(dateStr + 'T00:00:00'); // will be in local time

if (!isNaN(date.valueOf())) { // valid?
                                        calendar.addEvent({
                                          title: 'dynamic event',
                                          start: date,
                                          allDay: true
                                        });
                                        alert('Great. Now, update your database...');
                                      } else {
                                        alert('Invalid date.');
                                      }
                                    }
                                  }
                                }

});

calendar.render();​

If you wanna make your own table its very simple at this point - 4 fields

ID - auto increment pk
                            title - varchar
                            date - date
                            description - varchar

last but not least you'll want those script files I mentioned earlier in this thread as I referenced them in the components javascript linked files - the calendar and the hover effects will not work without them but as I said before that's the easy part!
                            I will upload the component here in a few for you to look at too - thanks for your help today! Also if you make improvements or more progress PLEASE let me know!

Comment

working component attached
                              Attached Files

Comment

When in doubt, I go back to basics.
                                The attached component has one control (eventdata) which is populated with a single JSON object that has been stringify'd.

If anyone wants to test the sql data, feel free to check one compiler at 3zz493ypd - MySQL - OneCompiler​;
                                I'm taking a break for now, but should be back to it later today.
                                Code:
                                function onDialogInitialize as v (e as p)
                                dim calCN as sql::connection
                                dim calARGS as sql::arguments
                                dim namedConnection as C
                                dim errortext as C
                                dim itsOpen as L
                                dim itWorked as L
                                dim sqlCode as P
                                dim queryJSON as C
                                dim js as C

'debug(1)
                                namedConnection = "::Name::fullCal"
                                itsOpen = calCN.Open()
                                sqlCode.loadCalendarData = <<%txt%
                                SELECT id, title, caldate, caldesc FROM calendar
                                %txt%
                                js = <<%txt%
                                debugger;
                                {dialog.object}.stateInfo['eventdata'] =<queryJSON>;
                                {dialog.object}.setValue('eventdata',JSON.stringify({dialog.object}.stateInfo['eventdata']) );
                                %txt%
                                queryJSON = calCN.ToJSON(sqlCode.loadCalendarData)
                                if len(queryJSON) = 0 then

cn.close()
                                    js = "alert('"+errortext+"');"
                                else
                                    js = strtran(js,"<queryJSON>",queryJSON)
                                end if
                                calCN.close()
                                e.javascript = js​
                                end function
                                Capture.png
                                Attached Files
                                Gregg

Comment

Working...
                                X